Now Hiring a Charter Coordinator in Prairie View, IL!
At First Student, our Charter Coordinators assist in all aspects of the daily functions related to charter operations.
At First Student, we are proud to offer:
- Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Positive and rewarding work environment
Charter Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Receives and processes requests for charter service including but not limited to quotation of charter rates, preparation of charter/rental invoices and daily charter dispatch log.
- Assigns buses and drivers for the day’s charter activity using the location’s charter assignment process ensuring all DOT regulations and requirements are met. Communicates company standards regarding uniforms and customer service to driver employees. Communicates with dispatcher(s) regarding any bus needs/changes to accommodate outside charter activity for the next day. Assignment of buses and drivers shall be done in a manner that most efficiently covers the day’s activity with special attention to costs related to overtime.
- Prepares charter tickets to include specific directions and maps. Thoroughly briefs drivers on the specifics of each trip prior to leaving the terminal to ensure quality, on-time service to customers. Must be available on the radio and at the dispatch counter to assist with any questions regarding charter trips.
- Monitors all charter activity and adjusts as necessary to avoid conflict with route schedules. Communicates any delays or changes to customers.
- Receives completed charter tickets from the drivers no later than the following day and ensures that all necessary information for billing is recorded by the driver. Verifies driver time and initials driver timesheet.
- Completes final billing of all charter and rental invoices. Maintains a daily receipts log to record charter payments received at the location and once completed shall forward cash payments to the appropriate lock box address. Follows up on all accounts receivable and notify the manager of delinquent accounts.
- Maintains accurate logs of all charter revenues and expenses and provide a listing of each to the Location Manager at the end of each month. Completes all month-end charter reports as required and submitting them to the region accounting office.
- Calculates charter driver payroll and input payroll information into the computer for processing. Payroll expense must be reflected in the proper account.
- Answers the telephone and responds to customer inquiries. Shall perform clerical assignments as directed.
- Performs any other management requests or directives as they relate to the functions of First Student, Inc.
Charter Coordinator Experience and Skills Required:
- 0-2 years experience.
- Computer experience a must.
- Industry experience preferred.
- Prior customer service experience preferred.
- Charter booking experience preferred.
- School Bus transportation experience preferred.
First Student’s commitment to putting our customers first, dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable transportation makes for a working environment you’ll love. As a huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers worldwide, you’ll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and excellent training.
Apply today to join our team!
First Student is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.