BNSF Logistics is a technology and people-driven third-party logistics company that delivers what matters - to our people, our customers, our carriers, and our communities. BNSF Logistics is a place where diverse talent works together every day in an inclusive way to create and implement the best ideas to help us DELIVER WHAT MATTERS. We achieve this through our commitment to our Guiding Principles which helps us create the ultimate competitive advantage in the marketplace.
We PROTECT THE WELL-BEING OF OURSELVES AND OTHERS
We DRIVE INNOVATION AND EMBRACE TRANSFORMATION
We RESPECT AND SERVE EVERYONE
We KEEP OUR COMMITMENTS
We FOSTER A COLLABORATIVE AND INCLUSIVE COMMUNITY
We CELEBRATE AND ENJOY THE JOURNEY!
The Senior Manager, Compensation & HRIS is a key member of the Human Resources team, reporting to the Senior Director, Human Resources. They will be responsible for the overall management, design, communication, compliance and administration of compensation programs, policies and practices as well as oversee the Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS). In addition to building the Company's compensation and HRIS philosophies and strategies, the Senior Manager will also be responsible for designing, developing, implementing and managing compensation programs for U.S. and international operations. This will include researching best practices to ensure BNSF Logistics' pay and HRIS philosophies align to competitive market trends and managing program compliance.
A highly effective Senior Manager, Compensation & HRIS will serve as a trusted advisor to business leadership in the areas of compensation and HRIS systems integration. By leveraging extensive logistics industry compensation experience, they will build strong partnerships with HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition and business unit leaders on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation. This role will lead the compensation team and will strive to align the overall Company compensation strategy and practices with business objectives as well as manage the HRIS system to provide the most effective functional support to the business. The ability to bring SME knowledge on compensation strategies and practices and overall strategic leadership to the HRIS business strategy is essential for success in this position.
- Lead the Compensation & HRIS team as a subject matter expert with the ability to direct, design, implement, communicate and administer hourly, salaried and executive compensation programs.
- Have expert knowledge of appropriate base pay, short- and long-term incentive plans including commission and bonus structures.
- Evaluates BNSF Logistics' competitive position in building pay structures and job architecture including methodology for job evaluations and leveling.
- Ensure that all plans comply with federal, state and local laws and regulations as well as support a competitive and cost-effective posture.
- Direct the activity and mentors the growth and development of Compensation & HRIS team members at all levels.
- Ensures Compensation programs and practices integrate with, and align with, and support the company's pay philosophy and allied programs.
- Identify and recommend strategies to improve the company's competitive position, gain traction in recruiting, and improve retention.
- Conducts analyses of compensation in order to evaluate internal equity, external competitiveness, and legal compliance of the organization's compensation practices.
- Manages risk, opportunities, and gaps in Compensation strategies, programs and processes.
- Demonstrates strong technical, leadership, and team building skills with the ability to balance tactical and strategic responsibilities.
- Makes recommendations to the Chief People Officer regarding salary grades or market rates for specific jobs.
- HR Functional system administration, configure the client facing components and modules for all products in the HR ecosystem. Subject matter expert for all HR systems.
- Provide training, consultation and ensure adoption for HR systems to the HR community.
- Adapts quickly to software upgrades and/or system implementations and user acceptance testing. Proactively recommend changes in systems and processes.
- Support Information Technology on all system upgrades and integrations for Human Resources.
- Design, develop, and implement policies and governance for master data management for the Human Resources department.
- Partner with Human Resources and Information Technology to implement key system and process changes. Focus will include establishing new procedures and data cleansing and reporting across all systems.
- Monitor all processes and streamline all system inefficiencies. Recommend and implement changes to existing process across functions within the Human Resources department.
- Manage and maintain Human Resources reporting platform, proactively recommend changes in systems and processes.
- Supports the HR team on an ongoing basis for adhoc reports, external data request.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
- Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc.
- A four year college degree, plus 10 years related experience in human resources with 7+ years of logistics/3PL compensation experience.
- SME level knowledge of all forms of logistics/3PL industry employee compensation strategies and procedures (hourly, salaried, executive etc).
- Experience with SAP SuccessFactors is preferred but not required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
BNSF Logistics offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive health benefits package
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Flexible spending account
- Company paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee discounts on autos, travel, electronics, insurance, etc.
- Tuition assistance
- Professional training staff with an industry leading Learning Management System
- Company culture that recognizes its employees
BNSF Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.