If you are a current DSV employee and interested in a position in another country, please contact your manager and Human Resources representative to discuss the process and requirements of applying.
DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Location: [[Sauk Village, IL]]
Job Posting Title: [[HRG]]
Human Resource (HR) Generalists are integral to carrying out a variety of functions within a human resources department. The individual in this role may get involved at an entry level in recruitment, labor or employee relations, change management, training, compensation, learning and development, payroll administration or any other area of human resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Acts as a Human Resource Transaction Partner in Workday HRIS System
* Maintains employee files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
* Keeps employee records up-to-date, if outside of Workday system
* Maintains budget spreadsheet that includes salaries, payroll taxes and fringe allowances.
* Prepares paperwork required to place employee on payroll and establish employee file.
* Assists in hiring process by coordinating job posting on Web site, reviewing resumes, performing telephone interviews and reference checks.
* Maintains Employee Handbook with updated resolutions and other pertinent information, as needed.
* Assists clients and evaluate their needs in regards to HR services.
* Effectively establishes, maintains, build and manage client relationships to ensure we are successfully helping clients achieve their business strategies.
* Works directly with clients to implement and monitor HR programs to increase their productivity and efficiencies.
* Provides solutions regarding: HR needs, compensation and incentive plans, new hire orientation, recruiting, performance appraisal systems, employee relations, employee handbooks, job descriptions, local and country compliance, management and employee training, policy development, etc.
* Working with direction from higher level Human Resource management, may research, employment laws, human resources policies, and communicate the information effectively to the client.
* Oversees special events for employees by coordinating committees and schedules, and staying within budget.
* Calculates and provides employees with annual fringe benefit allowance; review enrollment forms for accuracy and coordinate enrollment with third-party administrators.
* Assures compliance with vendor guidelines by preparing letters and other paperwork as directed; receive and record vendor insurance premium payments.
* Coordinates health, life and disability insurance enrollments and communicate with service providers concerning routine administration of programs.
* May act as a Payroll transaction partner.
* Some travel may be required
* Performs other duties as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (IF ANY)
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
* Bachelor's degree in human resources, business or a related field and 3 years' experience working in Human Resource field required or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* Microsoft Office
* Experience with HRIS systems
* Local language required
* Good mathematical skills
* Must have excellent organizational skills
* High level of interpersonal and communication skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
* Attention to detail and ability to establishing priorities and meet deadlines.
* Good to excellent spelling, grammar and written communication skills.
* Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
* Demonstrated potential for leadership skills and strong business and professional acumen
* Must have a high sense of urgency and customer service focus
* Working knowledge of applicable local laws and regulations related to the Human Resources function
* Ability to analyze HR processes and make practical recommendations to clients
* Must possess an understanding of the business and quickly learn the organization's strategy
* Must be able to deal with ambiguity and cope with change
* Must be flexible with shifting priorities
* Preference to Workday
* English preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
* Recognized HR Professional Certification a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
Minimal travel maybe required for this role domestically and internationally.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV - Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 55,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionatelyto deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services - as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talentand enjoy responsibility, we'll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at