TheMaterial Handling Associatewill beresponsible for picking, scanning, labeling, moving, staging, replenishing, and stacking product. This individual is also responsible for counting and inspecting product, and notifying leadership when there are damages or discrepancies. These Associates are accountable for the safe and efficient operation of all equipment and will be expected to perform all duties as assigned.
As part of the DSV team, Associates are expected to meet company objectives in the areas of performance, safety, and quality. Associates are expected to comply with all corporate and site-specific policie
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The picking functions include, but are not limited to, using a pallet jack to accurately pick orders to fulfill client demands. Associates must efficiently and accurately pick products and stage in the appropriate areas. Associates will stack, package, band, shrink wrap and label products as determined by client requirements. All picking functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
Quality Control Responsibilities
- The quality control functions include, but are not limited to, using the appropriate documentation to ensure that all products and orders are received, handled and shipped correctly. Associates will verify that products and/or orders meet quality standards, including reporting any damages or discrepancies. Associates will stack, package, shrink wrap, and label products. All quality control functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
Safety, Housekeeping, and Compliance
- All Associates are responsible for executing all safety protocols and will accomplish all job tasks in a manner that promotes safety.
- Associates are responsible for the cleanliness and orderliness of the facility and are required to maintain a clean, neat, orderly work area and assist in security of the warehouse.
- Associates will comply with all Standard Operating Procedures, corporate and site specific policies, safety rules, and OSHA/SDS Standards.
- In performing assigned duties, the equipment used can include, but is not limited to, a pallet jack.
- Associates are responsible for the upkeep of equipment and reporting of equipment problems.
- Associates will operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner and follow prescribed work methods.
- Perform or assist in building, grounds and equipment maintenance as assigned.
- Performs other duties as required
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
Must have a High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Basic to intermediate level to verify quantities of product, count inventory, or perform other duties associated with handling, storing and distributing client products.
- Strong attention to detail accuracy and accomplish job task in a timely manner.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision or guidance
- Must be able to effectively adapt to change and thrive in a stimulating, fast-pace work environment.
- 6 months experience working in a warehouse/logistics/distribution environment
Current or prior MHE certification
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. Must be able to lift up to50 lbs while following proper lifting procedures. Must be able to stand on feet for up to 8 hours per day.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.