If you are a current DSV employee and interested in a position in another country, please contact your manager and Human Resources representative to discuss the process and requirements of applying.
DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Location: [[Chicago Heights]]
Job Posting Title: [[Material Handler]]
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* The picking functions include, but are not limited to, using a pallet jack to accurately pick orders to fulfill client demands. Associates must efficiently and accurately pick products and stage in the appropriate areas. Associates will stack, package, band, shrink wrap and label products as determined by client requirements. All picking functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
Quality Control Responsibilities
* The quality control functions include, but are not limited to, using the appropriate documentation to ensure that all products and orders are received, handled and shipped correctly. Associates will verify that products and/or orders meet quality standards, including reporting any damages or discrepancies. Associates will stack, package, shrink wrap, and label products. All quality control functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
Safety, Housekeeping, and Compliance
* All Associates are responsible for executing all safety protocols and will accomplish all job tasks in a manner that promotes safety.
* Associates are responsible for the cleanliness and orderliness of the facility and are required to maintain a clean, neat, orderly work area and assist in security of the warehouse.
* Associates will comply with all Standard Operating Procedures, corporate and site specific policies, safety rules, and OSHA/SDS Standards.
* In performing assigned duties, the equipment used can include, but is not limited to, a pallet jack.
* Associates are responsible for the upkeep of equipment and reporting of equipment problems.
* Associates will operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner and follow prescribed work methods.
* Perform or assist in building, grounds and equipment maintenance as assigned.
* Performs other duties as required
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
Must have a High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* English (reading, writing, verbal)
* Basic to intermediate level to verify quantities of product, count inventory, or perform other duties associated with handling, storing and distributing client products.
* Strong attention to detail accuracy and accomplish job task in a timely manner.
* Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision or guidance
* Must be able to effectively adapt to change and thrive in a stimulating, fast-pace work environment.
* 6 months experience working in a warehouse/logistics/distribution environment
* Current or prior MHE certification
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV - Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 60,000 employees in more than 90 countries work passionatelyto deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services - as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talentand enjoy responsibility, we'll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at
Nearest Major Market: Chicago