Claims Specialist I - Entry level position
Full time; Exempt; overtime as required
Lake Zurich, IL, US
Researches, prepares, and processes various claim types with investors, government agencies and mortgage insurance companies for mortgage related transactions.
Responsibilities - Include, but are not limited to:
1. Prepare claims and/or related documents and review for completeness
2. Identify missing documentation and request from clients
3. Use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether claims comply with laws, regulations, or standards
4. Identify non-claimable items and complete research to validate
5. Balance reconciliation sheet from system to claim form
6. Accurately calculate and file claims to recover escrow and corporate advances and additional interest due on acquired and/or mortgage released loans
7. Prepare and submit claim package as required to proper entity
8. Prepare and submit request for reimbursement to vendor, if applicable
9. Ensure all claims are calculated and completed within insurer/investor guidelines, regulations, applicable laws and company policies and procedures
10. Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in documentation and claims
11. Monitor all reporting to ensure timelines are met.
12. Timely and accurately update internal/external systems
13. Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with clients and other employees, and maintaining them over time
1. Comply with Code of Conduct and regulatory training requirements.
2. Successfully complete annual regulatory compliance training.
3. Complete applicable industry-related training.
4. Additional duties as assigned.
1. No more than 3 years office experience
2. Strong PC skills: Proficient with Microsoft applications
3. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
4. Ability to handle complex, multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, volume-driven environment
5. Effective verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to interact in a positive and professional manner at all times with all levels of both internal and external audiences
Preferred/Other Qualifications :
1. Associates or Bachelor’s degree
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The employee is regularly required to communicate (give/receive information) through multiple methods of communication. The employee is frequently required to stand or walk (or otherwise move through the organization); sit; use hands to type, write, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch; or lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. The noise level is usually moderate and typical of an office environment. The employee may be required to use a variety of standard office equipment, including computer keyboards and monitors, phones, printers, etc.
In accordance with applicable disability laws, Dovenmuehle works with applicants and employees to make reasonable accommodations to the job or work environment when doing so will enable a qualified individual with a disability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job.