Job Title:Global Trade Compliance SpecialistAurora, IL
Global Trade Compliance Specialist is responsible for ensuring compliance with all U.S. Customs Import & Export regulations. The individual will develop and implement a customs and international trade compliance program designed to support company initiatives including entry process, tariff classification, valuation, origin/markings, record keeping of import/export documentation etc. The new employee will work with the country specific logistic team members to understand and interpret foreign regulations to ensure compliance at all global locations.Specific Duties & Requirements:
Supply Chain Management:
- Review HTS tariff classification for all products, country of origin, and product valuation to ensure accurate payment of duties and taxes to U.S. Customs.
- Ensure that import documentation and data are in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations prior to entry submission to U.S. Customs.
- Collaborate with external consultants, customs broker, U.S. Customs and other parties to resolve issues and facilitate the release of imported products.
- Develops processes and procedures for conducting compliance process reviews/audits across all global sites to assure compliance effectiveness and identify areas of concern for application of additional compliance measures.
- Prepare an annual compliance effectiveness assessment and report findings to management team along with recommending and implementing corrective actions.
- Manage and maintain Customs Compliance manuals for accuracy and completeness.
- Stay current on regulatory changes related to international trade agreements and special trade programs. Provide strategic advice and guidance to senior management on import / export trade compliance regulations and requirements.
- Identify and execute on cost savings opportunities within global trade through compliance initiatives. Support initiatives for reclassification of materials, duty drawback programs, and foreign trade zone programs.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Identify 3PL providers that are capable of meeting regional distribution/transportation requirements.
- Review & negotiate 3PL vendor contracts to ensure that it meets established organization standards
- Manage relationship with 3PL providers to resolve operational, cost and delivery issues. Track and investigate non-product complaints resulting from operational failures. Conduct periodic onsite audits and regular QBR's.
- Ensure products are delivered on time, on budget and with the desired results.
- Prepare and review annual budget vs. actual spend, financial cost/benefit analysis, cost saving opportunities and provide recommendations to management team.
- Coordinate project & small parcel shipments for internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with global SCM team to support and lead BCP initiatives.
At CMC, we offer
- 5+ years of domestic and international transportation/logistics experience is required.
- Knowledge of customs regulations, foreign trade regulations, tariff classifications, anti-dumping, trade agreements, duty drawback. Strong background in navigating ACE for audit and filing purposes.
- General knowledge of concepts and terms used in Transportation, Warehousing and Distribution operations.
- Proficiency in MS Office, SharePoint, and job specific related software applications.
- Experience with Global Trade Management software a plus.
- Education - B.A. / B.S. degree in Supply Chain / Trade Compliance. Certified Customs Specialist (CCS) is preferred.
A sense of belonging within a Global Organization and a way to connect to people around the world. With this, employees have a competitive salary plus a performance-based bonus, a chance to invest in your future with a 401k plan with a generous employer match and a Stock Purchase Plan that lets you be a part of our success. Medical, dental, vision and other Insurance beginning on day one. Our employees take advantage of generous paid time off & a Parental Leave Program for ALL employees. For the future there is an Educational Training and Assistance program.
We know that diversity leads to better teams, better performance and better results. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that does not discriminate.
e will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Cabot Microelectronics Corporation is a M/F, Disabled and Veteran EEO/AA Employer.