McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payors, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. We believe in the importance of strong, vital organizations because we know that patients can only be healthy when our system is healthy.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission-by joining McKesson you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company-and of healthcare. At McKesson, you'll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that's vital to us all.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career. Wherever you contribute here at McKesson, you will have the ability to make a real impact in the lives of others.
McKesson's Intern program provides you with an opportunity to experience cyber security in the healthcare industry, first-hand. By applying your education to a real-life working environment, you will receive a solid foundation of experience as a McKesson intern in the Global Identity Services Team (GIS). The team is responsible for global enterprise Identity and Access Management for McKesson to include access management, application onboarding, endpoint security, and Multi-factor authentication. Through project-based work across key business initiatives, as well as hands-on experience, you will be exposed to many aspects of the business and draw upon your varied skill set. This is an opportunity to gain practical experience using enterprise security tools to manage and secure privileged identities across a global organization.
Intern Program Details
* Paid Internship
* Full time / 10 weeks
* Positions will reside in Scottsdale, Arizona
* No company sponsored housing, relocation, student visa or Green Card assistance available
* Intern will support Global Identity Services. This is a hands-on opportunity to gain practical experience in a dynamic and growing industry!
* The internship program also provides networking, access to executives, structured performance & coaching
* Training provided from vendors, subject matter experts, and computer-based training with certificate prep.
* Must be currently enrolled in a degree program to be eligible
* Must be currently enrolled in a computer science, CIS, or technical related focus, The student is encouraged to pursue and secure a technical Bachelor degree from a four year program.
ROLE SPECIFIC OPPORTUNITY:
Within the McKesson ISRM Global Identity Services Team, the intern(s) will have an opportunity to participate in a structured program that will provide them the opportunity to experience how identity and access management impacts the company, support access management, onboard new security services, and script and automate processes.
This role requires the following skills:
* Superior collaboration and communication skills - ability to put together presentations for IT senior management and Sr Business Leaders. Strong problem solving and team collaboration skills required.
* Data Collection and Analysis - ability to assess a specific business problem and translate that to possible IT integration solutions.
* Career interest in - Identity and Access Management, Privileged access management, CyberSecurity, DevOps, and Automation.
* Preferred Qualifications - Analytic skills, Windows/Linux server OS experience, understanding of PowerShell, knowledge of spreadsheets, excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, punctuality, problem solving skills, and a sense of urgency.
* High level of confidentiality - demonstrated ability to maintain sensitive information in strictest confidence and able to maintain confidentiality in all business matters
Willingness to learn, develop, and contribute in a fun, demanding, fast-paced environment. Self-starter that brings both interpersonal skills and a superior ability to identify a problem then solve it. Out of the box thinkers wanted!
General Office Demands
As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare.
No agencies please.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!