At Lenovo, we are community of innovative thinkers, risk-takers, and people who challenge the status quo. We are one of Interbrand's 100 BEST global brands, BCG's 50 most innovative companies, and #212 in the Fortune 500 list. We are looking for passionate and driven students who are willing to learn and want to make an impact in a fast-paced global technology environment. Help us define our world of tomorrow.
About Our Team
The Global Search Team is part of the Lenovo worldwide eCommerce team. The core of the team is based out of Bangalore India and has grown 3 fold in the last year, underscoring the importance and opportunity of site search to lenovo.com's future plans.
Site search is uniquely positioned as a web application, in that it receives direct queues on the customer's intent via keywords and phrases yet must be flexible enough to support hundreds of possible use cases. In that respect, lenovo.com's search must respond to inquiries on job openings, requests to find information about product drivers, the latest PC recently announced, our position on datacenter scaling, and artificial intelligence as well as helping a customer find a replacement "Trackpoint" for their laptop.
One of the most exciting developments in search performance is through the use of signals to improve the relevancy of results. By combining customer tracking metrics on the site with machine learning algorithms, the search application is able to implement learning models that adapt to customers' behavior on the site, based dimensions such as location, type of device used, historical navigation patterns, and many other possible associations.
Through the implementation of signals, we've seen a dramatic improvement in clickthrough rates, abandonment rates, conversion rate,s and ultimately revenue, but we are only just beginning.
What You Will Do
This summer, your job will be to research specific site search use cases based on user data analysis, site flow analysis and search performance to improve current learning models that will directly impact the online performance of search. By working with experts in analytics, UX and web design you will propose improved search algorithms and models which will be tested and ultimately deployed on the site worldwide. You will have a direct hand in shaping and making measurable improvements in search performance on the largest PC manufacturer's eCommerce platform. Like math? Think machine learning is cool? Want to test out your hypothesis in a real-world application, look no further, join our team for the summer.
As an intern, we also want to ensure you have an opportunity to network across the organization this summer. You might not know exactly what you want to do when you graduate, but through this project, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with people skilled in all areas of the business. At the end of the program, you will also present the outcome of your analysis and work to the executives responsible for global eCommerce as well as the regional leaders who will benefit from your work.
Who You Are
* Working towards a Bachelors degree or higher in statistics, machine learning, data analytics or a related field
* Hands-on experience in MS-Excel and at least one scripting language/tool for data analysis
It would be a plus if you have:
* Working knowledge of Statistics and Machine Learning algorithms, to be able to perform Exploratory Data Analyses and devise Analytical Models to answer business questions
* The ability to handle both structured and unstructured data to provide predictive, prescriptive and cognitive analytics support
* Keen interest and aptitude for conducting end-to-end market research around user behavior and preferences in an online set-up, narrating compelling stories and presenting the insights / findings developed to business leaders
* An understanding of commonly used Online Search Algorithms
* Working knowledge of Adobe Analytics, R and SQL
* Familiarity with commonly used online sources for Secondary Data and POVs
* Prior experience in the eCommerce or Consumer Technology industries
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.