The role of Expert Enterprise Architecture is to align technology strategy and expenditure with business priorities and objectives. The Expert is responsible for translating business strategy into a fit for purpose business and technology architecture that ensures stable, reliable, resilient and efficient service delivery that meet customer needs and enable innovation.
In this role, you will shape a meaningful vision, strategy and roadmap for different architecture focus area such as Infrastructure, Telecom and Security services at CN, while collaborating and influencing management and executives among various programs, from Business to I&T departments. You will also lead the technology architecture practice and EA Initiative delivery specifically for IIoT domain of expertise.
Your leadership skills are key to ensure collaborative governance over design and adoption of various design guidelines and standards across CN. Talent for communication is crucial for influence, negotiation, and for performing change management work over various communities of practice. You will appreciate this role because you like making a difference with people by empowering teamwork and by bringing structure in an agile context.
Build Enterprise & Domain-Specific Architectures
- Understand CN's business and translates it into an enterprise architecture
- Develop a reference architecture for field technologies and telecom deployment
- Define and Lead EA Initiatives delivery e.g. IIoT Platform
- Document the existing technology portfolio and propose recommendations for improvements and / or alternatives
- Document existing and new IIoT architectures including network, embedded compute & storage (eg. SDN, SDDC, etc.);
- Develop Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety culture in EA
- Evaluate current and emerging field technologies (devices and telecom)
- Lead of Communities of Practice (CoPs) for efficient brainstorming, governance and change management;
- Develop cybersecurity standards & best practices for IIoT;
- Create, support, and influence pragmatic architectural oversight, using principles, policies, and guardrails;
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems (or equivalent degree or experience)
- In-depth experience understanding, designing and implementing information architectures that enable well-integrated transactional, collaborative and analytical systems
- Capability to understand complex business operations and needs and how they are linked to technological solutions that provide practical business value
- Significant and proven experience in applying a structured approach to problem resolution
- Ability to derive technical requirements from vaguely formulated business needs
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Strong communication skills - ability to create material for a variety of stakeholders
- Motivated by long term results
- Vendor and technology agnostic
- Knowledge of best practices and latest trends in the enterprise architecture practice and emerging technologies (service-oriented-architectures; data-centric design; cloud technologies and containers; advanced analytics; AI; Industrial IoT;, networking infrastructure; mobile technologies; etc.)
- Very good knowledge and experience in telemetry and monitoring IT/OT Services
- Understanding and experience of Heavy Equipments/Trucks/Diesel Engines
- Understanding and experience of Train Signaling systems
- Experience in program & project scoping and planning
- Experience in delivering agile architectures.
- Understanding and experience with open source usages and licensing.
- Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates and key management.
- Experience in Technology Portfolio Management
- Knowledge of ITSM platform (such as ServiceNow, HPSM), SDN and SDDC reference architecture
- Strong technical leadership and result oriented
- Innovative (visionary) thinking approach to problem solving.
- Minimum 10-15 years overall work experience in the context of the architecture and implementation of complex technology systems
- 3-7 years of experience as an IT architect or integrator covering embedded systems, infrastructure and networking.
- This role may require occasional business travel in accordance with CN policy for meetings.
CN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to fill vacant positions with qualified candidates without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, or disability, assuming an individual can perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation. Only qualified candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please monitor your email on a regular basis, as communication is primarily made through email.