Why Work at First?
Excellent question! With over 800 locations across our divisions, you will have exponential growth opportunity. Furthermore, because safety is our number one priority, you will work in a safe and positive work environment every day. Lastly, you will receive a competitive benefits package that includes: 401k with company match, paid time off, and a complete insurance plan after 30 days of employment (health, dental, and vision).
Responsibilities of a Maintenance Manager
- Schedules and administers fleet maintenance, assists in troubleshooting problems with equipment. Communicates availability of vehicles for service with dispatch and other operations personnel.
- In relation to subordinates, is responsible for hiring; firing; approving salary increases or decreases; training and employee development; planning and directing the work; disciplining; handling employee complaints or grievances; and handling performance reviews.
- Works closely with the location manager and region maintenance management providing status of maintenance and budget requirements. May review financial and budget variances, review repair orders or code and approve account payable documents.
- Ensures compliance on a day-to-day basis with State, Federal and Company requirements. Ensures a safe environment exists and that all maintenance and related activities are in conformance with company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Reviews repair orders. May order fuel for vehicles, order parts, and subcontract repair work.
- Initiates and implements projects that improve efficiency and/or reduces operating costs.
- Ensures that maintenance technicians are trained on current operating procedures, are properly equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Supervises bus fueling. May arrange services for building and ground keeping.
- Completes special projects as assigned. Required to perform hands-on work activities.
- Promote training by administering an ASE Certification training program to ensure all Tech’s participate in efforts to obtain and maintain a Blue Seal Certified shop.
What we would like you to possess:
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical training preferred
- Valid driver's license; must be willing to obtain CDL
- Minimum 5 years fleet management/maintenance leadership experience.
- Computer literacy with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Evidence of building solid relationships with supervisors, peers, and subordinates.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and continuously motivate highly effective teams.
- Capable of obtaining and maintaining ASE Master Certification in Automotive within 1 year of hire date.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply today to join our team