Summary: Performs a variety of operations to support areas of the supply chain or operations, such as processing operational and customer data, assisting with running and summarizing reports and understanding carrier requirements. Generally requires operational knowledge of customer and carriers, addressing various internal and external customer questions and concerns, and providing standard to complex customer service, quotes and tracking and tracking needs. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
- Receives and processes various documents for accuracy, which requires operational knowledge of customers, carriers, and procedures.
- Enters various operational/customer data in software systems and applications, works to identify missing or potential operational or service concerns, and communicates with appropriate groups as necessary to resolve.
- Utilizes databases, logs, and other sources to locate and verify information; information is usually operational in nature, standard to complex.
- Addresses various internal and external customer questions and concerns regarding shipments, billing, status, services, carriers, and other needs; forwards complex or escalated customer needs as appropriate.
- Tracks orders and shipments and assists with tracing as needed; usually more standard, regional or domestic operations.
- Assists with running and summarizing operational reports and details; presents information to co-workers or supervisors are needed.
- Interfaces with airlines, shipping, truck and related carriers to understand requirements, track shipments or details; operations are typically standard to complex.
- Assists with preparing information required for quotes or address potential services; may provide more standard to complex quotes.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and a safe and effective work environment; assists others with understanding operational items.
- Develops working relationships with internal and external customers, assists with account management such as maintaining customer profiles, details and service needs.
- Creates and processes invoices, reviews for operational accuracy, and works with customers on questions and payment.
- Ability to apply operational and support principles and practices in related supply chain environment.
- Understanding and ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Utilizes databases and systems to review and verify documentation and information.
- Capable of relaying communications between groups and preparing and handing off information and processes.
- Ability to track and trace basic shipments or product.
- Understanding of providers, carriers and services in related supply chain environments.
- Ability to communicate potential concerns or delays.
- Operates in a fast pace and changing environment and in both a team and individual contributor environment.
- Capable of communicating with co-workers to provide and receive direction.
- Ability to prepare basic reports, queries, and operational information.
- Basic to intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- High School Graduate or GED.
- Five years of support experience in a logistics/transportation environment.