Accountable for the operations of all ground services in the station services area to ensure quality service and customer satisfaction,profitable, cost efficientoperations, and compliance with company policies and procedures, ISOstandards andSarbanes Oxley requirements, DOT and other regulatory guidelines. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and/or oversee the operations of all ground services in the station services area to ensure quality service and customer satisfaction,profitable, cost efficientoperations, and compliance with company policies and procedures, ISOstandards,Sarbanes Oxley requirements, DOT and other regulatory guidelines.
- Develop and manage relationships with owner/operators in the station and ensure compliance with vendor requirements.
- Maximize profitability through superior customer service, effective and prompt communications and follow-up on all pending matters with the customer.
- Plan and monitor daily staffing schedules,and adjust accordinglyto ensureadequate staffinglevelsthat supportoperational demands and business objectives.
- Manage revenue and expenses to budget constraints.
- Ensure directives, rules and procedures are communicated to alloperations' staff.
- Ensure safety methods, practicesand programs are implemented and maintained.
- Ensure freight is being moved in a safe and timely manner utilizing appropriate equipment.
- Maintain a clean, professional and safe working environmentby inspecting and scheduling maintenance, andensuring that all office and warehouse equipment isproperly accounted for and in safe working condition.
- Utilize superior communications skills to motivate staff and develop effective working relationships with peers, executives and clients.
- Manage and overseeadministrativefunctions to ensureall paperwork is processed efficiently and in a timely manner and meets all compliance requirements.
- Train and certify new employees on all performance standards.
- Personally coach,train and mentor direct reports and provide career development opportunities through trainingand quality management activities.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for all staff within department.
- Address all employee performance problems promptly and directly in accordance with CEVA personnel policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of emerging technology changes and innovations through formal or informal study, reading business and professional publications, networking and participation in professional organizations.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; or equivalent combination of work experience and completion of the LDP Program.
- Minimum five years related experience.
- Minimum four years industry experience preferred.
- Minimumthree years supervisory or managerial experience required
Certifications and Licenses
- Valid state issued Driver's License
- Forklift Driver Certification
- Other professional certifications may be required
Languages and Communication Skills
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees and vendors
- Computer literate
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- In-depth knowledge of all products and services.
- Knowledgeable of DOT regulations, ISO guidelines, Sarbanes Oxley requirements and other regulations.
- Demonstrated success in leading, supervising, managing and developing staff and high performance teams.
- Excellent planning, time management, collaboration, decision making, organization, presentation and negotiating skills.
- Ability to manage the financial aspects of the department (purchasing, budget preparation and review, financial reporting and monitoring expenses).
- Demonstrated success in client relations with the ability to develop and sustain productive relationships.
- Ability to identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Skilled in allocating decision making authority and/or task responsibilities to others to maximize the organization's and individuals' effectiveness.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in influencing departments and implementing and managing change.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects and set priorities.
- Basic understanding and experience in project management methodologies.
- Ability to maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition; handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and the organization.
Travel is required at least 10% of the time in this position. Travel identified is approximately 100% domestic (within the United States) and 0% international (outside of the United States).