We Make Life More Rewarding and Dignified
Department: Research & Development
The successful candidate will have extensive product development experience and will be capable of delivering innovative new products and successfully participating in cross-functional Technology or New Product Development teams for global continence care related projects.
The successful candidate will be capable of interfacing with senior management within the organization and will effectively delivery product solutions which benefit our customers.
- Represent the product development function in cross-functional product commercialisation teams from Front End Innovation through to Commercial Launch.
- Design and development of new products, including concept development, high-level design feasibility, prototype development, detailed design, test method development, design verification/validation, shelf-life determination and product commercialization.
- Application of both new and existing technologies, materials and processes to deliver the optimum product design ensuring the establishment of excellent standards of performance.
- Liaising with clinicians and with customers to understand their needs and to therefore optimize product functionality and performance.
- Preparation of technical documentation in accordance with regulatory and design control requirements and with the company's development processes.
- Developing a high level of understanding of internal customer requirements.
- Conducting sophisticated analysis of data and developing detailed reports documenting results, conclusions and recommendations
Work Experience Requirements:
Number of Overall Years Necessary - 8-12 years
Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 8 years of relevant experience OR Master’s Degree (MS/MBA) and 7 years of relevant experience
Specialized Skills / Technical Knowledge:
- Experience in medical device design principals, material selection, design concept validation and test method development
- Experience of working under medical device design controls, with proven knowledge of design verification and validation and design/process FMEAs
- Demonstrated understanding of various types of manufacturing, mechanisms, materials, tolerance-analysis and design-for-manufacturing
- Experience of medical device regulations including GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), QSR (Quality Systems Regulations) and ISO quality requirements
- Strong initiative and follow through in executing project responsibilities, overcoming obstacles and balancing multiple priorities effectively through strong technical and/or project leadership experience
- A demonstrated track-record of being part of successful cross-functional product development teams is required.
- Excellent problem solving, decision making and root-cause analysis skills
- The ability to effectively communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to all levels of the organization
- Proficiency with MS Office suite
- Proficiency with CAD software (SolidWorks preferred)
Hollister Incorporated is an independent, employee-owned company that develops, manufactures, and markets products for ostomy care, continence care, and critical care and develops educational support for patients and healthcare professionals. We have been in business for more than 95 years. Our products are sold in more than 90 countries and we have manufacturing and distribution centers on three continents. At Hollister Incorporated, we are passionate about the work we do, and we are committed to making life more rewarding and dignified for our Associates and for the people who use our products and services. A career at Hollister Incorporated can take many paths, all of them leading to rewarding opportunities.
Job Req ID: 28699