As we have since our founding in 1957 as one of the world's first Detroit Diesel Engine distributors, we continue to recruit career-oriented individuals who want fulfilling work and opportunities for professional growth. Our employees' commitment to the company and its "Pride in Service" motto helps Interstate Companies deliver exceptional customer service every day.
Sales representatives fulfill a critical role in our operations. Interstate sales representatives are the front line of presenting our products to the industry. They are responsible for developing networks and industry contacts, promoting our value added products and services, keeping customer satisfaction a priority.
- The primary duties of this position will be to actively promote and secure product sales of diesel engines in the OEM off-highway market.
- Develop relationships with new and existing OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) customers that represent a wide variety of applications and market segments.
- Promote and secure product sales of diesel engines in the off-highway market.
- Identify new customer contacts to build market share and new product sales in the Construction & Industrial, Ag, Forestry, Mining and related Off-Highway markets.
- Collaborate with customers to provide technical and sales support.
- Work directly with a variety of key customer contacts in sales, engineering, procurement to facilitate long term and successful partnerships.
- Create product and application solutions to provide added value for the customer.
- Maintain and grow relationships with product vendors.
- Continuous improvement through product training and sales workshops.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- A self-starter who can develop and implement sales strategies, business plans, as well as set and achieve goals.
- Must be detail oriented and self- motivated.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects is essential.
- Knowledge of industrial equipment and applications.
- Experience with a CRM system.
- Minimum of 2+ years in product and or equipment sales.
- Regional travel required.
- Excellent compensation including base salary plus commission, company vehicle, laptop, cell phone
- Generous benefits including insurance options, PTO, holiday, 401(k) with employer match
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interstate Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for this position by submitting a resume for consideration.