Methode is seeking a Production Plating Supervisor responsible for overall operations including production, safety compliance, budgeting, and strategic planning of the utilization of the Plating areas for Methode’s Power Solutions Group. You will also oversee the plating laboratory and chemical processes for and not limited to aerospace, military, etc., parts. You will support manufacturing, engineering, maintenance, and quality as well as offer insights to continuous improvement in business processes.
As a leading global power distribution and thermal management solutions provider, Methode Power Solutions Group designs and manufactures innovative products that help engineers solve their unique design challenges. Our teams collaborate with customers to design and develop robust systems that meet the requirements of high demand applications.
- Maximize plating manufacturing efficiency, minimize costs, and drive product quality in the plating department
- Ensure all activities are performed in compliance with company quality processes and certifications through effective training, compliance programs and safety initiatives
- Direct safety, environmental rules and regulations, audits, and daily work procedures to ensure all standards are met and maintain business and other records necessary to comply with local, state, and federal requirements
- Lead troubleshooting and problem-solving initiatives with machinists, quality engineering, and other support functions
- Diagnose plating problems, document and apply chemical, electrical, and physical plating methods and procedures that provide optimum efficiency for the product plating process
- Develop chemical and physical test procedures required to ensure product quality and propose ways to improve quality and reduce cost
- Lead implementation and compliance of key company initiatives and programs for the team
- Develop, manage and lead a team
- Other duties as assigned
- At least five (5) years of experience in plating and surface finishing related field/work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry/Chemical engineering preferred
- Experience and understanding of NADCAP & AS9100 accreditations and processes
- Knowledge of internal controls, strong leadership/team-building skills, and ability to work cooperatively with all functions required
- Must have good understanding of electrodeposited plating and plating specs for both Military and commercial applications
- Strong understanding of LEAN manufacturing methods and techniques
- Experience in leading a team
- Demonstrated strong analytical, strategic planning and time management skills
- Knowledge of metal fabrication processes including, punching, forming, deburring, powder coating is a plus
- Experienced MS applications with ERP program is a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and oral
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
How We Protect Employees and Candidates:
The safety of our employees and our candidates is paramount as we manage through the COVID-19 pandemic. We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility with any related changes to our work processes.
We have implemented the following to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our offices and facilities including:
- Individual offices or widely spaced workstations; temperature checks, COVID-19 testing, regular cleaning, masks and hand sanitizer.
- Temporary work from home options based on position.
- Suspension of non-essential travel.
- Virtual interviews via phone/video and remote onboarding/training, where feasible.
Methode Electronics is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: EEO Poster, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (708) 867-6777 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.