Internal Reference Number: R1011196
Summary THIS POSITION MAY BE WORKED FROM HOME IN ANY STATE.
Responsible for providing a full range of financial, compliance, and operational audits, business advisory, and consultation services, investigations, internal controls, accountability, and use of resources.Description
- 50% Conducts internal and/or external timely operational, financial, and/or compliance audits of divisions, departments, providers, and activities of the corporation including evaluation of internal controls. Identifies, documents, and evaluates business risks. Develops written audit programs. Conducts testing and analysis of existing controls to determine adequacy and effectiveness. Prepares written work papers to document testing results and conclusions reached. Documents issues, the causes of those issues, and their effects on the process/function and the corporation. Serves as Lead Auditor on more complex audit assignments.
- 15% Drafts recommendations to limit risks and improve processes, functions and activities. Writes audit reports for corporate executive management that clearly and effectively convey engagement evaluations, conclusions and recommendations. Collects and analyzes data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies. Conducts testing of corrective actions as identified.
- 10% Develops detailed reports on each audit conducted. Reports include a review of findings and an identification of recommendation to correct any deficiencies and methods for improvement to processes. Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
- 10% Conducts special audit studies for management, such as those required to discover controls for prevention of fraud. Prepares reports of findings and recommendations for management.
- 10% Provides training to and assists or leads other auditors in completing their assignments as a means of maximizing audit efficiency and thus reducing lost time and involvement of corporate personnel.
- 5% Strives to expand knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, program instructions, and technology through self-study, corporate offerings, and formal training programs.
- Bachelor's degree - Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or other job related field of study.
- 12 semester hours of Accounting credits (transcripts should be uploaded).
- Fiveyears of hospital cost reportauditing experience.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of auditing.
- Ability to analyze and determine the applicability of financial data, to draw conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to gather information by examining records and documents and to interview individuals concerning those records.
- Strong interpersonalskills and the ability to work professionally with persons at all levels, and to maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters on a confidential basis.
- Excellent analytical or critical thinking and problem solving capabilities.
We participate in E-Verify and comply with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and our subsidiary companies maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment to promote employment opportunities for persons regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status. Additionally, as a federal contractor, the company maintains Affirmative Action programs to promote employment opportunities for minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities in all phases of the employment process and to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com or call 1-800-288-2227, ext. 43172 with the nature of your request. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.