CEVA Logistics is currently seeking a Dispatcher for our Elk Grove Village, IL location.
Assigns routes to drivers and owner-operators;coordinates shipments according to customer instructions, andensures compliance to DOT regulations andestablished internal policies and guidelines. Models andacts in accordancewith our guiding principles and corevalues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Dispatch drivers for U.S. domestic shipment pick-ups and deliveries.
- Ensure compliance with DOT regulations and established internal policies and guidelines.
- Prioritize time sensitive cargo.
- Notify drivers of pick-up and delivery assignments.
- Maintain shipment information under the Customs control document.
- Ensure required paperwork is timely submitted to Import personnel.
- Read andassimilate stored data and enter new data in computer database.
- Assist with shrink-wrapping, loading and down-loading freight,verifying the labeling of domestic shipments, and noting the count and condition of cargo received.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum three years related experience.
- Minimumtwo years industryexperience preferred.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Valid state issued Class C Driver's License.
- Forklift Certification
- DOT Dangerous Goods/Hazardous Materials Certification
Languages and Communication Skills:
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- PC literate.
- Basicproficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- Knowledge of local geographic market.
- Accurate typing skills and/or data entry skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Responds promptly and professionally to customer needs.
- Read, comprehend and complete basic checklists, forms or other related documents.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one situations or in small group situations.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Good vision and depth perception required.
- Ability to drive and/or operate heaving machinery or equipment.
- Ability to operate a forklift.