If you are a current DSV employee and interested in a position in another country, please contact your manager and Human Resources representative to discuss the process and requirements of applying.
DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Location: USA - Portland, 1500 Irving
Job Posting Title: Transport Specialist- Project Cargo
To oversee the logistics requirements of a Wind Turbine Project from start to completion, within an agreed scope, budget and timeframe as defined by the client.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Daily communication with DSV, the client group and subcontractors on the progress and well-being of directly related logistics activities.
• Timely communication of transportation requirements as laid out by the scope of work, schedule and clients technical manuals.
• Maintenance of schedules according to latest updates from all stakeholders and the timely notification to relevant subcontractors and/or stakeholders.
• Follow up on the timely production and distribution of compliant documentation for the purposes of importation, proof of delivery or return logistics.
• Manage logistics in accordance of the budget, ensuring all scope variations are appropriately motivated and approved.
• Do one’s best to mitigate costs and impact to schedule arising from unforeseen events
• Receive subcontractor invoices, review and approve whilst ensuring for accuracy and resolving discrepancies.
• Invoicing the client according to the agreed ‘Latest Estimate’.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and intercultural skills.
• Freight forwarding industry experience required
• Skills to generate reports, presentations and other documentation using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• The capacity to work in a highly flexible and agile manner in order to meet demanding operational needs including managing competing priorities, working with extended teams and maintaining delivery schedules.
• Experience to analyze complex situations and make effective decisions
• Be able to travel domestically if required and met the requirements for obtaining a TWIC Card
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV - Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 55,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionatelyto deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services - as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talentand enjoy responsibility, we'll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon