Reporting to the Director of Engineering you will provide leadership, technical support and become an Engineering expert in one of the following disciplines associated with food processing plant buildings and utilities: Architectural, Civil, Structural Building Elements or Mechanical Systems, (refrigeration, process cooling, plumbing and HVAC).
You will provide technical support in the form of trouble shooting, conceptual engineering, project scope development, budgetary estimating, physical audits, prototypical document preparation, and training programs for plant staff. You will provide project support in the form of, detailed design reviews, system installation inspections, and commissioning services to ensure system performance as related to either Building Element or Mechanical Systems.
- Support existing engineering specifications and design standards to keep them relevant, ensure consistency between Conagra sites, mitigate risk and ensure compliance as insurance and food safety requirements evolve.
- Support plant, corporate and contract resources to ensure that building envelope or mechanical system projects get developed and submitted. Including, working with team members to coordinate in the capital planning process at both plant and corporate levels.
- Support development of project scope documents in the form of Business Case Screening Estimates, Tech Briefs, Front-End Loading packages (FEL's) or sections of FEL-s, used in the ConAgra Brands project approval process.
- Review scope documents (Technical Briefs) for less complex project with the purpose of ensuring the scope is complete and will achieve the intended outcome. This includes validating the technology chosen is appropriate for the intended outcome, that there is a high probability of successful performance and sustainable that the proposed method of execution is inherently safe, and that the proposed costs for capital and expense are within a realistic range.
- Keep current with latest building or mechanical system regulations and applications that are commonly considered "state-of-the-art" for the food processing industry. Specific areas of technical expertise include, USDA, FDA and GMP sanitary design requirements associated with building finishes, IBC and UBC model building codes, F.M. Global building standards, CSI & Master Specification formats, cold storage construction design and installation best practices, and building life safety requirements.
- Provide technical and economic feasibility to other groups within the Company that are focused on improvements to the current state and developing competitive advantages against Conagra's peer set.
- Travel up to 50% domestically.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Architectural or Engineering or Mechanical Engineering discipline is required, with experience of 3+ years in consumer products industry, design or construction of these types of facilities.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with specification writing and editing and handling of construction industry contract documents.
- Experience with architectural, structural and civil, building element or mechanical system estimating, using industry Labor and Material Data sources, such as "Mean's".
- You should at a minimum be eligible to take a P.E. or Registered Architect exam, but already holding a P.E. or Architect Registration license is preferred.
- Collaboration, and influential management skills are a necessity for success in this position. High proficiency in technical analysis, and conceptual design are mandatory.
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great salaries, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off , flexible work-schedules
Conagra Brands is one ofNorth America'sleading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that's passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye,Marie Callender's, Banquet, Healthy Choice, Slim Jim, Reddi-wip, and Vlasic, and emerging brands, including Angie's BOOMCHICKAPOP, Duke's, Earth Balance, Gardein, and Frontera.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Conagra Brands, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.