Drive Your Career
Lear Corporation is the leading Tier 1 automotive supplier serving all of the world's major automotive manufacturers with our world-class automotive seating and automotive electrical products. Our products are developed and produced by a diverse, talented team of more than 165,000 people. With operations in 39 countries, Lear operates in every major automotive manufacturing region in the world. For our globally positioned and successful teams, we are looking for dedicated talents with zest for action and enthusiasm. If you love challenges, want to experience development opportunities unrestrained, and want recognition that pays off, then you've come to the right place with Lear.
Regional Equipment Reliability Engineering Manager
- Reporting to Director, Automation Engineering, JIT Operations Global
- Drive North America capital equipment and tooling standards
- Manage all equipment and automation in Lear's JIT plants within a selected region
- Support the development and the implementation of the central Industrial Engineering Strategies
- Write and develop detailed Equipment, Tooling, Automation specifications
- Identification and introduction of new technologies in the plants as well as continuous improvement of the existing equipment and automation
- Support purchasing to answer all equipment- automation supplier questions
- Work with suppliers, equipment design reviews, runoffs, install in plants, and equipment start up
- Supplier development, support at their facility and ours during the install and runoff
- Team member of creating MFMEA for critical equipment
- Support launches onsite
- Degree in Engineering / Mechanical engineering or equivalent work experience; minimum 5 years
- Good command of written and verbal English
- Knowledge in Equipment, Automation, Controls, Poka-Yokes, Electrical, Equipment Safety, MFMEA, TPM
- Very good command of MS-Office, MS-Project and AutoCAD
- Clear understanding of Lean principles and the personal commitment to continuous improvement
- Leadership skills, strong communicator and team player
- Autonomous, highly motivated and result oriented working style
- Ability and willingness to travel 40% on average
- Ability to review equipment drawings in Auto CAD
- Ability to complete 2D AutoCAD layout drawings
Lear Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and will become the property of Lear Corporation.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, are encouraged to apply.