1. Provide exceptional service to our internal and external customers.
2. Perform accurate loan maintenance and review of prior day maintenance transactions.
3. Perform accurate daily review of system generated loan reports to identify exceptions and resolve or escalate issues.
4. Accurately process monetary transactions with a solid understanding of the core processing system as demonstrated by the ability to resolve most balancing issues.
5. Assume primary responsibility for the loan file scanning and electronic storage process while demonstrating a solid understanding of loan terminology and file structure.
6. Process paid loans including release of collateral and the coordination of physical document retention/destruction.
7. Perform data entry, data compilation and similar tasks for special projects or department initiatives as they arise.
8. Provide backup support for Loan Admins for tracking collateral hazard and flood insurance
9. Provide backup support for Loan Admins for clearing trailing document ticklers
10. Provide backup support for tasks assigned to the department receptionist
11. Learn to generate standard and ad hoc reports using the Business Analytics software.
12. Demonstrate proficiency with traditional application software programs (spreadsheet, word processing, database and scheduling) to perform required daily tasks.
13. Manage time effectively, prioritize work appropriately and consistently meet deadlines.
14. Produce professional and articulate written correspondence
15. Protect the Bank and its customers by maintaining a high level of security awareness.
16. Take accountability and ownership for the accuracy and quality of work.
17. Understand and adhere to all established company policies and regulatory requirements.
18. Complete all required bank training and adapt concepts and procedures.
19. Maintain a professional image with a clean and uncluttered work area and organized files.
1. Communication Proficiency
2. Listening Skills
3. Technical Skills
4. Work confidentially
5. Attention to detail
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and arms, talk and hear. Able to lift 5 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Required Education and Experience
1. High School diploma or GED
2. 1-2 years of work experience in banking, preferably in a lending department
3. Proficiency in office software, including excel
4. Effective, professional written and verbal communication
5. Strong attention to detail
6. Strong problem-solving skills
7. Motivated and eager to learn
8. Professional, polite and friendly demeanor
9. Ability to work independently and be part of a team
Preferred Education and Experience
Itasca Bank & Trust Co. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.