CEVA Logistics is currently seeking a Dock Supervisor
Coordinates and supervises all activities on the outbound dock and ensures operations are coordinated efficiently. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain excellent service to internal and external customers at all times.
- Plan the daily work schedule by reviewing existing work orders, arrival notices and instructions from customers.
- Assess priorities based on time sensitivity and available resources.
- Assign duties to appropriate warehouse staff.
- Review pending jobs or trends, plan for reorganization of warehouse space, and needed changes in levels of supplies, equipment, or staffing needs.
- Train new staff in assigned duties, or delegate training responsibility to experienced specialist.
- Monitor quantity and quality of jobs being performed throughout the day, providing guidance and advice as necessary.
- Assign supervisory duties to experienced specialists acting as leads for lower level warehouse staff.
- Keep abreast of progress or problems.
- Keep manager advised of progress or problems requiring attention on a daily basis.
- Hold regular meetings with warehouse staff to assess group’s overall status.
- Provide ideas and suggestions for more efficient operations.
- Promote a positive relationship with clients by providing excellent customer service.
- Provide responsible supervision and control for all department activities.
- Provide training of assigned staff through active recruitment, training, and quality management activities.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for all staff within department.
- Address all employee performance problems promptly and directly in accordance with personnel policies.
Education and Experience
- High School Degree or GED required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Transportation, Logistics or Supply Chain Management preferred; or an equivalent combination of work experience and completion of the LDP Program.
- Minimum four years related work experience required.
- Minimum one year supervisory or management experience required.
- Minimum three years industry experience preferred.
Certifications and Licenses
- Valid state issued driver's license.
- Forklift Driver Certification.
- DOT Dangerous Goods/Hazardous Materials Certification
Languages and Communication Skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees and customers.
- PC literate.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- Strong knowledge of, and experience in dock operations.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using units of U.S. and/or international currency, weight, volume and distance measurements.
- Basic understanding of business financial principles including P & L's, budgets, payroll, financial reporting and expense control.
- Ability to drive and/or operate forklift, pallet jack and hand truck.
- Ability to allocate work assignments and/or tasks responsibilities to others to maximize the organization's and the individual's effectiveness.
- Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive relationships.
- Takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Explores alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain all parties' support and acceptance.
- Analyzes complex problems and develops alternative solutions.
- Ability to model the organization's vision and values and lead others.
- Ability to plan work for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Effectively participates in and /or supervises department projects related to assigned area of responsibility.
- Develops and uses collaborative relationships to accomplish work goals.
- Develops individual relationships by listening, sharing ideas, and appreciating others' efforts.
- Ability to maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition; handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and the organization.
- Uses appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team and facilitate the completion of team goals.
- Consistently at work and on time.