The Operations Internship will begin in June and end in December 2020.
What You'll Do & Learn
The Operations Intern will assist with supervising the operations aspects of the Clinton, IA Fulfillment Center, a full-service fulfillment facility. Your responsibilities will consist of working with department leads to establish work assignments, evaluates employees using Warehouse Management System (WMS) and assists in training employees. In addition, you will be responsible for:
* Assisting with planning, staffing, directing, and controlling all operational activities
* Assisting management in establishing performance objectives and strategic planning
* Rotating to various areas within the Clinton Fulfillment Center to fill in as needed
This role requires a strong, consistent and clear communicator with the ability to motivate temporary employees. Ideally, you will be working toward a Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Logistics, Production or Operations Management, Industrial Technology Management, Business Management, General Management or related majors. In addition, we are looking for:
* At least Junior or Senior standing, recent graduates may be considered
* A cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher
* Possesses knowledge of supervisory procedures and concepts
* Possesses high school graduate math abilities
* Able to work scheduled and/or unscheduled overtime on short notice
Colony Brands, Inc. is one of North America's largest, multi-channel, direct-marketing companies. The company maintains an extensive portfolio of affiliates, brands, and products ranging from cheese and petit fours to apparel and kitchen appliances, while maintaining its roots as a private, customer-centric business based in Monroe, WI. We're financially sound, yet our success is not just defined by our profits; it's about living our Core Values, giving our employees the opportunity for growth and providing a better place to live and work! To that end, Colony Brands generously supports the communities we work in and offer many benefits and programs that support the well-being of our employees.