Provides various levels of support and services to areas of the supply chain and operations, such as entering and processing information, working with carriers and providers to update information, track and trace details, and ensure service levels, and providing levels of customer service.
The Supply Chain/Operational Support path has five levels of responsibility, Clerk, Specialist I, Specialist II, Specialist II, Specialist III and Specialist IV. Each level performs increasing levels of support and understanding of logistics and operational details, the complexity and scope of operation, and degree of internal and external customer service provided.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Supply Chain Ops/Service Specialist II
Summary: Performs a variety of operations to support to areas of the supply chain or operations, such as processing operational and customer data, assisting with running and summarizing reports, and understanding carrier requirements. Generally requires operational knowledge of customer and carriers, addressing various internal and external customer questions and concerns, and providing standard to complex customer service, quotes and tracking and tracking needs.
- Receives and processes various documents for accuracy, which requires operational knowledge of customers, carriers, and procedures.
- Enters various operational/customer data in software systems and applications, works to identify missing or potential operational or service concerns, and communicates with appropriate groups as necessary to resolve.
- Utilizes databases, logs, and other sources to locate and verify information; information is usually operational in nature, standard to complex.
- Addresses various internal and external customer questions and concerns regarding shipments, billing, status, services, carriers, and other needs; forwards complex or escalated customer needs as appropriate.
- Tracks orders and shipments and assists with tracing as needed; usually more standard, regional or domestic operations.
- Assists with running and summarizing operational reports and details; presents information to co-workers or supervisors are needed.
- Interfaces with airlines, shipping, truck and related carriers to understand requirements, track shipments or details; operations are typically standard to complex.
- Assists with preparing information required for quotes or address potential services; may provide more standard to complex quotes.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and a safe and effective work environment; assists others with understanding operational items.
- Develops working relationships with internal and external customers, assists with account management such as maintaining customer profiles, details and service needs.
- Creates and processes invoices, reviews for operational accuracy, and works with customers on questions and payment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Specialist III and IV: Associates Degree, or equivalent combination of work experience is preferred.
- Specialist II: Five years of support experience in a logistics/transportation environment.
- Applying operational and support principles and practices in related supply chain environment.
- Understanding and following policies and procedures.
- Utilizing databases and systems to review and verify documentation and information.
- Relaying communications between groups.
- Preparing and handing off information and processes.
- Tracking and tracing basic shipments or product.
- Understanding of providers, carriers and services in related supply chain environments.
- Communicating potential concerns or delays.
- Operating in a fast pace and changing environment.
- Operating in both a team and individual contributor environment.
- Communicating with co-workers to provide and receive direction.
- Preparing basic reports, queries, and operational information.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Basic to intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
Travel Requirements: Typically not required.