Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace. Does this sound like something you want to be a part of? We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer Intern.
Your Day to Day
- Ability to work independently using basic knowledge obtained from core college courses
- Skills utilizing Software Packages such as Mathcad, Matlab, or equivalent and ability to learn other new packages quickly.
- Knowledge using Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Access
- Providing engineering design and/or analysis for nuclear products/projects including electrical system design, instrumentation and controls designs, and system wiring;
- Interfacing with other internal functional groups on similar engineering level to obtain information necessary to perform work assignments;
- Planning and scheduling work to meet assignment requirements.
Who You Are:
- The successful candidate for this position MUST possess the following:
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Controls Engineering discipline.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 strongly preferred.
- Minimum Sophomore status required
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
• Safety and Quality
• Integrity and Trust
• Customer Focus and Innovation
• Speed and Passion to Win
• Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet
As an equal opportunity employer, Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnams Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact Westinghouse for assistance.