At Echo we are committed to help our Associates grow their career. Apply today and grow with Echo!
-Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services. As a third-party logistics provider, we simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers, handling crucial tasks so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that need to ship their products with carriers who transport goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
Echo is seeking Carrier Operations Representatives to resourcefully support our Carrier Sales efforts with strong work ethic, communication skills, multi-tasking ability and the drive to learn.
As a Carrier Operations Representative, you will research available carrier capacity within an assigned territory. Working closely with Carrier Sales Representatives, this position is responsible for scheduling shipments, ensuring on time pick-up and delivery and maintaining relationships with existing carrier partners. We're a fast-growing logistics company; your job will be fast-paced and constantly evolving.
* Are like a diamond, at your best under pressure
* Possess the ability to communicate at all levels and with a wide range of personalities, from our CEO to your coworkers to truck drivers
* Possess a strong desire to gain knowledge of the truckload market and industry trends
* Have mastered the art of managing time and accomplishing tasks
* Thrive in fast-paced environment and can shift priorities effortlessly
* Value collaboration, intellectual honesty, go-getters, positive energy and we never stop seeking ways to get better
* Go the extra mile for our carriers and coworkers
* Care about your career development as much as you do
* Work hard, period
* Offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, challenging projects, company-wide events, co-workers you will actually like working with, and a sense of community you won't find anywhere else
Carrier Operations Representatives work in conjunction with other Reps to prioritize and service Echo's customers in a timely fashion.
* Effectively communicate internally and with drivers regarding shipment information in order to successfully service Echo's customers
* Work in conjunction with teammates to prioritize and service customers in a timely fashion
* Schedule pickup and delivery appointments in accordance with legal transit times and shipment requirements
* Monitor progress of shipments to ensure coverage, on-time performance and the resolution of any mid-transit issues
* The ability to learn and effectively use Echo's proprietary technology
* Knowledgeable or possess a desire to learn various freight market trends based on seasonality, geography and specialized carrier types
* Act with a sense of urgency while maintaining accuracy and detail
* Excellent communication skills
* Proven ability to establish productive internal and external relationships
* Work well under pressure and with integrity
* Ability to exude confidence and gain credibility with carriers
* Highly professional demeanor, even under stress
What we offer:
* Competitive compensation package
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, and 401K
* Advancement Potential
* Fun and energetic work environment
* Volunteer opportunities
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other
office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of
that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.