Job Function Summary:
The Service Product Specialist (SPS) is responsible for providing technical support, preventative maintenance and repair services on specialized medical equipment at a customer's establishment and/or service center within assigned territories while focusing on high quality service and customer satisfaction. This position is also expected to build customer relationships and pursue the opportunity to close new service contracts and renew existing contracts. The SPS is required to have an advanced understanding of mechanical and electrical systems and components of specialized products as assigned. This position also requires an advanced understanding of the tools and processes required to complete repair and maintenance activities. The SPS must also have the capacity to learn advanced diagnostic and repair skills related to the specialized products or programs assigned.
- Provide technical support, preventative maintenance and repair services at service centers and/or customer accounts in accordance with established procedures and techniques, using proper tools, test equipment and replacement parts.
- Diagnose and complete electrical and mechanical repairs on specialized medical equipment.
- Perform software troubleshooting, installations and upgrades on specialized medical equipment.
- Complete retrofit and upgrade activities on specialized medical equipment.
- Participate in equipment installation and product performance at customer locations.
- Educate / train customers on proper use of the equipment.
- Assist with diagnosis and correction of difficult equipment and customer relations problems, followed by comprehensive reports as requested.
- Provide training and leadership skills necessary to satisfactorily perform special assignments. Perform field training assistance for Service Technicians as requested.
- Achievement of revenue targets as assigned by Senior Management.
- Comply with all health and safety codes and procedures as mandated by company policy, customer requirements and regulatory agencies.
- Establish and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Assist sales team in marketing company equipment (joint calls, in-services, sales leads, demo and trade show set-up, etc).
- Assist region to achieve revenue goals as it relates to the sale of company products and services.
- Provide services to customers in accordance with the terms, conditions and responsibilities stated in the company's published warranty and maintenance contract policies.
- Demonstrate effective use of products and technical data provided by the company.
- Assess, provide cost estimates for, and complete repairs for customer-owned medical equipment.
- Provide training and support for quality-related service activities, such as quality control (QC) checks, product transportation processes, aesthetic maintenance and product cleaning.
- Assist in regulatory investigations by providing product assessments and documentation requested.
- Ensure reports are completed accurately and submitted within required deadlines.
- Participate and complete all required training programs, meetings and seminars.
- Adhere to and support all company policies and procedures.
- Engage in self-appraisal and continuous learning and development.
- Manage local and van spare parts inventory.
- Maintain expenses within established guidelines.
- Work flexible hours and weekend to meet business/customer needs.
- Participate in any and all reasonable work activities as deemed appropriate and assigned by management.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand complex mechanical and electrical schematics.
- Ability to work extended hours or outside assigned territory as needed.
- Ability to recommend/sell services based on observed customer needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently without close supervision.
- Ability to deal effectively with all employee and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed on short notice and up to 80% of the time.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Ability to move products and equipment, including the ability to lift up to 75 pounds and push or pull heavy objects using up to 135 pounds of force.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment.
- Must be able to decipher data from computer-generated reports, software programs, technical manuals and written correspondence.
- Associates degree in an electrical or mechanical discipline (or) suitable repair and maintenance experience with specialized medical equipment.
- Electrical and mechanical assembly, repair or maintenance training and/or certifications preferred.
- A minimum of 3 (three) years' experience in an advanced technical, repair or maintenance related field (experience repairing and maintaining complex medical equipment preferred).
- Experience in selling or sales techniques (i.e. selling contracts or services) preferred.
- Experience working independently without close supervision.
- Build Quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
- Ensure compliance to all FDA and Worldwide Quality & Compliance regulations (As applicable to the job function).
- Must have the education and experience to understand and comply with U.S. and Worldwide medical device regulations (As applicable to your job function).
- Attend all required Quality & Compliance training at the specified interval.
- Adopt the "Beyond Compliance Quality Culture" in the work environment; always meet and exceed requirements.
Environmental/Safety/Physical Work Conditions:
- Ensures environmental consciousness and safe practices are exhibited in decisions.
- Must travel as required to customer sites (overnight travel amount will vary depending on the territories to be covered); must reside within the assigned territory; must be able to operate an automobile (valid driver's licensed required). Travel is as needed up to 80% of the time and may be on short notice.
- Ability to travel by car or public transportation as needed to meet business needs.
- May work extended hours during peak business cycles.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 75 pounds and push/pull heavy objects up to 135 pounds of force..
- Required to wear required personal protective equipment (including biological/chemical protection) when potential hazards exist on customer sites and in Service Centers.
- Must be able to complete series of inoculations when required.
- Major tasks require the use of hands, legs and feet.
- Ability to utilize computer and telephone equipment and other related office accessories/devices to complete assignments.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit.
- The employee must have use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; speak and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Arjo Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, military service, protected veteran status, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here:http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf