CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Architect based in our Chicago office. Take a look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we'd love to hear from you. We're looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The ideal candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary team providing architectural support in the areas of design, selection, coordination and detailing of architectural materials and systems.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Independently and under limited direction, contribute as part of a multi-disciplinary team; design, selection, coordination and architectural detailing.
- Prepare and contribute to design and presentation efforts utilizing Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch-Up, and other programs as required.
- Independently develop and manage the REVIT model to produce plans, elevations and sections. With limited direction, produce REVIT section and plan details within all architectural phases.
- Prepare preliminary design sketches of small to moderate-sized site plans.
- Communicate with other disciplines to ensure coordination of project documents.
- Assist in the development of design and concept drawings.
- Assist in coordination of engineering systems with engineers.
- May take on a leadership role within the team on a particular project issue or topic.
- Review shop drawing submittals with some guidance from the Project Architect.
- May attend field site inspections, which frequently involves a physical walk-through of the site.
- Attend and actively participate in project team meetings
- May perform other duties as required
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor in Architecture. Bachelor/Master of Architecture from an accredited program preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working on mid to large scale projects required.
- LEED Accreditation preferred
- Strong creative design portfolio and strong communication, teamwork, presentation, graphics, organizational skills as well as the ability to handle multiple projects required.
- Proficiency in Revit, SketchUp, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Microsoft Office.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us - and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women's Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We're about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we're ready for you.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.