Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is a premium wine company. We are a collection of distinctive wine estates and maker of some of the finest wines in the world. As a result, our wines are a force for gatherings and conversations to serve the well-being of our consumers, our communities and our land. This approach has resulted in our ability to offer our consumers outstanding and distinctive wines from some of the best regions in the world.
We are currently seeking highly qualified candidates for 4 Cellar Interns to join our team at Conn Creek winery in Napa, CA during the harvest time. Cellar Intern will assist Project leaders as needed in all areas of production, optimizing quality. (Position starts end of June and runs through mid-November/Dec.)
What you will do:
- Provide hands-on participation and support for operations relative to daily production activities.
- Assist with mobile bottling activities.
- Assist on Grape receival, crushing, pressing, racking, and pomace-transfers.
- Clean grape’s processing equipment, Sanitize tanks, Barrel cleaning, barrel stacking, and overall cleanliness of cellar.
- Performs work duties in various weather conditions outdoors or indoors.
- Temperatures in the cellar are cool and noise level is usually moderate.
- Full body mobility: Ability to stand; walk; sit; use tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, kneel.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work long hours and overtime.
- Able to work the season from July through December.
What you will bring:
- B.S. degree in Enology, Viticulture, Food Science or related field or substantial progress towards degree.
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to read, write, understand and communicate in English.
- Ability to accurately complete work instructions individually or in a team.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to product quality.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.
Who you are:
- You are curious and continuously learn and grow your capabilities.
- You respect and value the power of conversation to bring people together, learn and solve problems.
- You value inclusion and work to create an environment where everyone feels welcomed and every voice is heard.
- You are innovative and have the courage to pursue new ideas.
- You make an impact by being bold and taking action.
We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing opportunities for training, development and advancement.
Some college (preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at 425-488-1133.