Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Electrical technicians are responsible for the assembly, installation or service of electrical components on Komatsu's off-road mining equipment. After training they must be able to perform this activity from technical schematics with minimal instruction.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Will perform various electrical assembly functions including the fabrication of electrical cable and harness structures.
- Performs all electrical tests, uses electronic checking devices, troubleshoots and does all electrical work as required with or without supervision.
- May perform various mechanical assembly functions, excluding the assembly of hydraulic systems of the equipment under the direction of a mechanical assembler.
- When safety is not a factor, may use stud welder.
- May use information systems, as necessary to perform job duties.
- Operates equipment and performs final inspection including appropriate documentation.
- May work on special or pilot models including major layout and assembly according to prints and verbal instructions.
- May work closely with Engineering Department.
- Works from engineering prints, routings, and procedures with minimum supervision.
- Will be responsible for quality and safety of own work including the utilization of appropriate protective equipment.
- With train others as directed.
- Possess a background in electrical/electronic theory and three to five years electrical/electronic assembly experience.
- Documented experience utilizing schematics and blueprints for troubleshooting and repair of electronics.
- Documented experience in electrical wiring in the automotive/truck, aircraft, marine, or agricultural implement industries.
- Documented expertise in the use of ohmmeter.
- Must pass appropriate test
- Will be required to complete a physical commensurate with DOL Medium duty work requirements which includes drug testing.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.