Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is a premium wine company. We are a collection of distinctive wine estates and maker of some of the finest wines in the world because we value our vineyards and the art of wine-making. This focus has resulted in our ability to offer our consumers extraordinary and distinctive wines from some of the best regions in the world.
We are currently seeking highly qualified candidates for a Lab Intern to join our team at Conn Creek Winery in St Helena, CA. This intern will be responsible for performing lab analysis during harvest (Position starts in June/July through November).
What you will do:
- Process and record grape maturity samples-Brix, pH and TA
- Maintain Excel spreadsheets.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager
- Basic wet chemistry and enzymatic analysis for juice must and wine.
- Accurate lab record keeping.
- Tank/barrel sampling and nutrient additions.
- Perform basic barrel/cellar work as needed to support production
- Work long hours as required at harvest which may include night shift and weekend work.
- Performs all job functions in strict adherence to company Health and Safety protocols, and in accordance with quality control standards and standard equipment operating procedures.
- Ability and desire to work outdoors during inclement weather conditions on a regular basis.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform in an environment with regular exposure to various indoor and outdoor weather conditions.
What you will bring:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Reliable transportation, current insurance, and a clean DMV record.
- College degree in related field or coursework working towards degree
- Knowledge of basic computer programs including Word and Excel.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Knowledge of basic chemistry is required.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Passion and interest for the wine industry desired.
- History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.
Who you are:
- You are curious and continuously learn and grow your capabilities.
- You respect and value the power of conversation to bring people together, learn and solve problems.
- You value inclusion and work to create an environment where everyone feels welcomed and every voice is heard.
- You are innovative and have the courage to pursue new ideas.
- You make an impact by being bold and taking action.
We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing opportunities for training, development and advancement.
Some college (preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at 425-488-1133.