Service and Trade
RWJBarnabas Health Corporate Services
2 Crescent Place, Oceanport, NJ 07757
Reports to assigned work locations as required to meet organizational needs. Bed Technician can demonstrate confidence in using electronic test equipment to diagnose and service patient care beds. Ensures all patient care beds meets manufacture specifications and is safe for use. Can assist clinical staff in the use of patient care beds and documents all work performed. Staff assists management in meeting regulatory requirements and department/organizational goals. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Conducts preventive maintenance inspections appropriate to level of job competence using appropriate productivity & quality measures.
- Completes monthly assigned tasks within the specified timeframe prioritizing inspections of high need over low need beds.
- Recognizes unsafe conditions & notifies appropriate management team members to correct them.
- Works collaboratively with senior technical staff to creates & enter PM procedures following manufacturer guidelines.
- Effectively responds to service requests, competently troubleshoots & repairs patient care beds appropriate to job proficiency level using established productivity & quality measures, demonstrating good judgment on performing repairs based on skill set.
- Demonstrates the need to maintain an adequate level of parts on hand as applicable, to assist in keeping downtime to an absolute minimum.
- Timely and accurately documents all service requests and repairs in the equipment database
- Inspects new devices & equipment with competence appropriate to job proficiency level. This includes judgment on safety, compliance with codes, standards & ability to learn about the function/performance of new devices with speed & comprehension.
- Secures all required device information for biomedical equipment database.
- Demonstrates the need to have current service and operator manuals on hand for proper servicing of all types of patient care beds in the Health System s inventory.
- Assist Manager in maintaining and fulfilling the department/organizational regulatory requirements and goals.
- Complies with system, hospital and departmental policies and procedures and objectives.
- Reports witnessed violations that put patients, staff, department or facility in jeopardy to appropriate management personnel.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of shop safety including the use of electronic test equipment.
- Upon assignment, assist Manager with responding to/correcting medical equipment recalls/device alerts from manufactures and/or F.D.A.
- Basic knowledge of hand tools
- Basic knowledge of electricity/electronics
- Basic knowledge of electromechanical devices
- Knows how to use MS Office and other computer applications
- Valid driver s license in good standing
- Direct repair of hospital beds and stretchers a plus
- Other indirect applicable experience examples (include but not limited too): Machine Repair, Appliance Repair, Medical Device Repair. Will train on device specific repair methods.
- Knowledge of computers and networks
- Knowledge of basic electronic test equipment
- Previous experience in a hospital environment preferred, not required
- Patient Care Bed OEM certification preferred, not required
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required within one (1) year of hire.
- Candidates who do not possess a High School Diploma or GED equivalent will be provided the opportunity to enroll in a GED/HSEA program at time of hire as a condition of employment. A hired candidate will be provided one (1) year from date of hire to successfully complete a GED program and obtain their HSEA.
- RWJBarnabas Health is committed to our communities and the members we serve. RWJBH understands that in order to create strong, healthy, and sustainable communities, we have to re-engineer and transform current systems. Providing educational support and resources contributes to our overall social impact mission and community investment efforts.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
Short & Long Term Disability
Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey and the state s second largest private employer with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals, three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital).
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer