About Blue Cross
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is one of the most recognized and trusted health care brands in the world with 2.9 million members. We're committed to reinventing health care to improve health for our members and the community. We hope you'll join us.How Is This Role Important to Our Work?
This position within Application Development team will lead design and build high quality, stable and functional software. Focus will be on refreshing our existing software and building solutions for scalability, stability and easy maintainability. The position will also provide code-level operational support and coordinate maintenance and enhancement activity to support all aspects of application delivery.A Day in the Life:
Nice to Have:
- Works with technical staff to understand unique or highly complex software problems involving many varied factors to be interpreted and considered, frequently of broad scope.
- Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written to develop or modify large complex software applications.
- Research, explore and build prototype using new technology and frameworks.
- Design and build scripts which would help with test automation, build automation and monitoring.
- Help build best practices to deliver quality product efficiently.
- Advocate and evangelize the use of cloud and CI/CD within the I.T. Work with Partners, vendors and other technology teams to analyze, design and deliver technology solutions.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Experience with Angular, node.js.
- Experience with AWS,Jenkins.
- Experience with Docker, Container and serverless technologies.
- Understanding of agile and other development processes and methodologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, Information Technology, Engineering, or equivalent or 7 years of related experience
- Organizational Skills:
- Creative thinking
- Global thinking
- Good Communication Skills
- Time management skills
- Language Requirements
- Platform Requirements
- AWS Experience
Make a difference
Blue Cross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Reasonable Accommodation for Job Seekers with a Disability: If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All roles require a high school diploma (or equivalency) and legal authorization to work in the U.S.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota and Blue Plus are nonprofit independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected characteristic.