The Dental Clinic Clerk I (Dental Scheduler) performs complex customer service functions, including registration and information services, assists with continuous quality improvement and compliance activities.
* Assisting patient inquiries in person, over the phone and via email
* Checking in patients including updating demographics, insurance verification, and bill order
* Reviewing/ triaging referrals
* Maintaining patient charts, scanning of documents
* Scheduling appointments in throughout all clinics
* Collecting patient balances and establishing payment options
* Advising patients of financial/clinic policies
* Reviewing/ explaining treatment plans
* Insurance verification through designated insurance portal
* Completing appropriate forms such as sliding scale applications, Financial Policy, etc.
* Requesting prior authorizations for medical and dental insurance
* Contacting PCPs and specialists for medical clearance
* Reviewing pre-operative and post-operative instructions
* Assisting in care coordinating within dental and medical departments
* Posting payments
* Reviewing/ applying adjustments
* Monthly accounts receivable review
* Use Dentrix to generate recall and unscheduled lists to contact patients for scheduling
* Answering supplemental inquires for in-network and out-of-network insurance
* Based on the need throughout the clinic, the Dental Clinic Clerk I may receive assignment to various specialties throughout the work shift.
* Perform other duties and/or projects as assigned.
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. One year (12 months) of experience:
A. Certified Dental Assistant in a dental clinic facility, program, or in dentistry practice, if required by employing institution OR
B. credit for college/university course work and/or training in dental care, health care related areas, or closely related medical/dental areas
? 15 semester hours = six (6) months
? 30 semester hours = twelve (12) months
C. customer service/management in a medical/dental setting