Role and Responsibilities
Responsible for the sale and acquisition of industrial properties through the designated region. Serves as an ambassador for the Company in the community.
- In collaboration with the SVP, Investments, establish the investment strategy for the region.
- Collaborates with Asset Management and Development to help coordinate approved operating and leasing plans.
- Executes acquisition transactions through sourcing, qualifying, negotiating, coordinating and closing the sale and acquisition of industrial properties. Sourcing includes all opportunities provided through the company, brokers, and any other conduits.
- Assists with the identification of real estate acquisition and disposition opportunities, utilizing networks and prospects through direct contact with tenants, property owners, brokers, developers and other real estate related professionals.
- Hires, and monitors efforts of, brokers to assist in opportunity creation and transaction closure.
- Networks and prospects for investment opportunities through direct contact with the tenant, competitor, brokerage, and development communities.
- Structures deals that are in line with the Company's strategic policies, operating guidelines and standards for property selections, acquisitions and dispositions.
- Coordinating transactions will include monitoring the due diligence and approval processes of the company.
- Provide oral and written presentations of transactions before the Investment Committee.
- Screens, underwrites and structures acquisition deals that meet CenterPoint investment objectives.
- Ensures a smooth transition of the investment asset to property operations.
- Completes work consistent with corporate processes and policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field and 5+ years of established real estate transactional experience and technical commercial/industrial real estate knowledge required.
- Customer driven individual with the ability to listen, understand needs of both purchasers and sellers, brokers and tenants.
- Ability to multi develop investment opportunities.
- Committed to the investment goals of the Company.
- Possesses market knowledge of industrial real estate.
- Established relationships in the broker community.
- Excellent sales, negotiation, and presentation skills required.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task is a must.
- Comfortable with computers and proficient in standard corporate operating systems and software.
- Flexible with respect to work schedule; able to travel weekly or when needed.
- Strong business acumen, understands industrial real estate.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with peers, executives, customers and brokers.
- Ability to perform actions and make decisions with integrity and sound judgment.
- Displays the self-initiative and dedication necessary for successful work completion; proactivity is a must.
- Analytical and technical proficiency in all aspects of investment acquisitions and deal making.
- Ability to work in highly competitive and stressful environment.
CenterPoint Properties is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer (F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). Qualified candidates will be contacted regarding next steps in the recruiting process. CenterPoint Properties offers employees a competitive compensation package which includes an annual target bonus, medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) and more. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
*We are not accepting resumes from search firms at this time.