Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys, nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels and tool steels. Carpenter's high-performance materials and advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of innovation, Carpenter's wrought and powder technology capabilities support a range of next-generation products and manufacturing techniques, including novel magnetic materials and additive manufacturing.
MANUFACTURING SUPERVISOR -HOT MILLS
- Provide production employees with guidance, direction and supervision in support of departmental operations.
- Promptly address performance issues.
- Actively promote all company policies and expectations, especially in support of safety plans and results.
- Plan and schedule operations within assigned area of responsibility.
- Maintain a positive work environment by regularly communicating with employees on the shop floor and responding to employee issues and concerns in a timely manner.
- Maintain well-organized and productive work areas.
- Work with others to achieve department and company goals and objectives.
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of the production team.
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion: coordinates work activities with other supervisors.
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance and oversight from manager.
- Ensures a safe workplace.
- Promotes ways to improve the quality of life and protect the environment in the communities in which the Company does business.
- To be considered all applicants must attach a resume outlining experience and qualifications.
- Two-year college degree or demonstrated equivalent experience as determined by department management.
- Minimum two years supervisory experience in a manufacturing/operational environment or equivalent demonstrated experience as determined by department management
- Applies management expertise to improve efficiency and accomplish operational objectives within own area of responsibility or department.
- Practical understanding of industrial/manufacturing principles, standards, methods and practices.
- Ability to work 3 rotating shifts.
- Must be able to work weekends.
- Experience with lean concepts a plus.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.