Sellers & Associates, LLC (S&A) is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) that provides effective and affordable Programmatic and Engineering Support Services and Solutions to our Government and Commercial Clients. We work directly with our clients taking the time to understand their culture and requirements designing a custom solution tailored to meet their unique needs at an affordable price without sacrificing quality. Our specialties include: Program/Engineering Management, Training/Training Technology, Technology/Product Development Strategy and Analysis, Project Management (Cost, Schedule, Scope & Quality), and Strategic Planning applied within our clients unique domains and context.
Sellers & Associates, LLC has an opening for a Junior Marine Engineer / Naval Architect in Washington DC.
- Provide support for white paper and analyses for naval engineering and naval architecture.
- Review technical deliverables pertaining to naval engineering and naval architecture to analyze and provide recommendations and input.
- Coordinate and assist with all technical and engineering efforts required for the successful day to day activities of the program.
- Maintain a current and complete log of all intended design modifications, listing the primary system, affected systems, potential or named engineering contractors, contractors' points of contact, servicing agencies information, intended installation windows, hull applicability and maximum equipment lead times.
- Provide engineering support in the analysis of all technical issues and design challenges pertaining to all ship systems.
- Conduct studies and analyses, such as weight studies, arrangement studies, distributed system checks, electrical load analysis updates, and safety/human factor engineering studies to better determine the complete scope of performance, configuration, and ILS impacts.
- Conduct a review of all technical and logistics CDRL deliverables including technical drawings, technical reports, maintenance and support documents, and vendor technical publications.
- Participate in any meetings or discussions related to technical issues or design challenges, providing technical feedback or recommendations.
- Analyze technical reports from third party design validation sources and make recommendations regarding the thoroughness of the report and compliance with the specific requirements.
- Assist in the review and analysis of technical data to assure conformance to operational and contractual specification requirements.
- Conduct research on standards and production methods as they pertain to the ship designs.
- Present drawings, data, schedules, and support requirements in order to achieve installation in coordination with all other parties and the installation schedule.
- Bachelor's degree in Marine Engineering or related field
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Experience:
- One (1) to Three (3) years demonstrated experience in engineering or related field.
Sellers & Associates is an E-Verify company and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.