Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leader in the development, manufacture, and distribution of cast/wrought and powder metal stainless steels and specialty alloys including high temperature (iron-nickel-cobalt base), stainless, superior corrosion resistant, controlled expansion alloys, ultra-high strength and implantable alloys, tool and die steels, and other specialty metals as well as cast/wrought titanium alloys. We provide materials solutions to the ever-changing needs of the automotive, aerospace/ defense, energy, industrial, medical, and consumer products industries. Since it is all about innovation at Carpenter, we are continuing to grow and develop our business strategies.
- Develop and enhance Value Stream map along key flow path -Lead the development and deployment of the flow path improvement plan through value stream mapping. Enhance, organize, implement and maintain production process flow.
- Recommend hands-on process improvements using a combination of Lean Manufacturing with a focus towards optimizing labor resources and systems, flow creation, 5S and waste reduction.
- Directly impact the improvement of existing operations for safety, increased quality, productivity, efficiency and cost savings.
- Investigate operational, Planning, and informational problems affecting production and reporting and recommending solutions.
- Provide manufacturing data (production control charts, reliability, process capability), to improve the process and monitor and measure progress to target outcome.
- Organize meetings with other team members to facilitate growth.
- Identify ways to reduce production inefficiencies through recommendations (i.e: new processes, elimination of waste, machinery enhancements). Drive cycle time reduction, employee engagement and a lean culture across the flow path.
- Work with other relevant departments to determine estimated costs, run time, cost reduction and close the feedback loop.
- Assist with training staff on new development processes and technology.
- Provide assistance on development and documentation of KPI's and systems designed to sustain and drive continuous improvement using Carpenters Operating Mode
- BA/BS degree in Engineering related field required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years successful lean implementation experience with proven record of sustainable results.
- Prior knowledge/experience with the Toyota Production System is preferred.
- Successful candidate will have prior knowledge and practical experience in a manufacturing/industrial setting with a strong focus in Lean Manufacturing operations.
- Extensive experience in an industrial manufacturing environment preferred.
- Extensive job-related experience with LEAN manufacturing tools and methods.
- Proven strong ability to drive continuous improvement with identifying and eliminating waste using applicable tools and analysis.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.