The Indianapolis, Indiana office of Milliman, an international firm of actuaries and consultants is seeking an experienced actuarial candidate, with strong expertise in individual life insurance. This is a consultant level position with significant advancement potential for the right person.
- Project management and technical expert, overseeing multiple consulting projects at the same time
- Wide variety of assignments, including pricing, modelling, mergers & acquisitions, asset liability management, cash flow testing, statutory, tax, and GAAP valuation, and ERM/ORSA support.
- Product development and support experience in the following product areas:
- Whole Life
- Term Life
- Annuities, and/or
- Combination Life/Health products,
- Lead role in managing and expanding client relationships
- Mentor junior and mid-level actuarial staff
- Requires some travel
- Strong academic background in Actuarial Science, Finance, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or other related degree
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA)
- Ten or more years actuarial experience preferred
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, prioritizing and meeting deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- Experience with actuarial software applications is desired (MG-ALFA is preferable)
- Prior consulting experience is a plus, but not necessary
Milliman offers a high-performance but relatively casual work environment in Indianapolis. We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
Independent for over 70 years, Milliman delivers market-leading services and solutions to clients worldwide. Today, we are helping companies take on some of the world's most critical and complex issues, including retirement funding and healthcare financing, risk management and regulatory compliance, data analytics and business transformation.
Through a team of professionals ranging from actuaries to clinicians, technology specialists to plan administrators, we offer unparalleled expertise in employee benefits, investment consulting, healthcare, life insurance and financial services, and property and casualty insurance.
Bachelors of Actuarial Science (required)
10 years: Ten or more years actuarial experience preferred (required)
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Milliman is an equal opportunity employer
Our company, with the full support of our Chief Executive Officer, is fully committed to the maximum utilization of all human resources and the goals of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We recruit, hire, train, and promote, and consider qualified applicants for employment, in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, familial status, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political ideology, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as an individual with a disability, or veteran status, including qualified disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans; and shall not discriminate against any individual, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.