Internal Reference Number: R1013187
Summary Involved in all aspects of the Molecular Diagnostic Program (MoIDX) laboratory operations and serves as an internal subject matter expert, applying medical knowledge to advise decisionmakers in support of MoIDX's mission. Responsible for review and approval of documentation and reports, supporting clinical testing strategies, as well as new assay development and validation. Serves as an ambassador for comprehensive genomic and molecular profiling through education and research efforts within and external to MoIDX.Description
- 25% Engages with providers, provides relevant education in regional, local, and national meetings.
- 25% Reviews current literature and formulates policy and direction for MoIDX.
- 25% Assists with technical assessments. Engages with technical staff for training and setting assessment guidelines.
- 20% Serves as the subject matter expert (SME) in germline or infectious disease testing for MoIDX.
- 5% Collaborates with Medical Director to develop a strategy for deploying MoIDX operations and services.
- PhD in genetics or related field; OR
- Medical Doctor (MD) with current active medical license, without restriction.
Required Work Experience:
- Five years experience in molecular laboratory testing, with 3 years experience in laboratory management. Experience may be concurrent.
Preferred Work Experience:
- Medical Director experience
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of healthcare payors and systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Good judgment skills.
- Proficiency in spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Ability to persuade, negotiate, or influence others, represent our company well.
- Ability to work as a team member as well as a leader.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Exposure and experience with data analysis specifically aimed at clinical and program management.
Required Software and Other Tools:
Required Licenses and Certificates:
- Active, unrestricted medical license from the United States and in the state of hire and current board certification in a recognized specialty.
- Board Certification by the American Board of Molecular Genetics or American Board of Pathology.
Preferred Licenses and Certificates:
- Molecular Genetic Pathology Board Certification or equivalent
- Work at home or typical office environment.
- Monthly travel, required.
This is a remote position that can be located anywhere in the United States. It will require monthly travel.
We participate in E-Verify and comply with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and our subsidiary companies maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment to promote employment opportunities for persons regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status. Additionally, as a federal contractor, the company maintains Affirmative Action programs to promote employment opportunities for minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities in all phases of the employment process and to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com or call 1-800-288-2227, ext. 43172 with the nature of your request. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.