- 01-Jul-2021 to 01-Aug-2021 (MST)
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Full Time
Medical with HSA option, Dental, Vision, PTO, 401K with match, Paid Holidays, Gym Reimbursement, and more
Summary At Layton we invest heavily in employee development by offering mentoring for new employees and by allowing the opportunity for career progression. Employees also have many opportunities to join others in serving the community, participating in work sponsored sports teams, mentoring other new hires, and participating in entertaining company sponsored activities. This position follows directions of carpenters to perform specific duties in construction of concrete walls and footings.
- Assists carpenters to form and pour footings and walls, shored decks, and edge forms for slabs.
- Assists carpenters to install architectural finishes according to specifications and plans if necessary on job.
- Maintains a clean and safe job site.
- Assists carpenters to reads blueprints to determine measurements, sizes, locations, types of walls, footings, floors, etc.
- Utilizes carpentry math to calculate measurements required to construct facilities.
- Assists carpenters to apply knowledge of concrete and its properties.
- Assists carpenters to determine elevations and layout through-the-use-of builder levels, transits, lasers, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Performs essential duties and responsibilities efficiently, accurately, and safely with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing threat of harm to self or others.
- Solves practical problems and deals with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Owns the tools required of the Carpenter Helper position.
- Understands and conveys basic English commands, questions, and instructions regarding commercial construction.
- Commits to and meets all scheduled attendance and production deadlines.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Exerts in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move object.
- Ascends or descends ladders, scaffolding, and steep slopes with agility. (Climb)
- Maintains body equilibrium to prevent falling from precarious situations. (Balance)
- Lowers the body to floor level and move about with agility. (Stoop or crawl)
- Extends out and retrieves objects outside immediate range. (Reach)
- Supports oneself and stays in an upright position. (Stand)
- Presses against something with substantial steady force to thrust forward, downward, or outward. (Push)
- Exerts a considerable force to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion. (Pull)
- Raises substantial objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. (Lift)
- Maneuvers small objects precisely by whatever means. (Pinch or pick)
- Seizes an object by applying considerable force. (Grip)
- Detects attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature, texture, tension, or force by tactile means. (Feel)
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken work. (Speak)
- Perceives the nature of sounds with no less than a 40db loss @ 500 Hz, 1,000 Hz, and 2,00 Hz with or without correction. (Hear)
- Is subject to substantial repetitive motions of the body or its parts.
- Must have good depth perception, field of vision, near acuity.
- Frequently: Exposed to weather (Occasionally: Extreme cold, extreme heat, wet and/or humid, exposure to dust and fumes, and working in high exposed places)
About Layton Headquartered in Salt Lake City and supported by 11 offices nationally, at Layton we're builders and we're family. Through delivering predictable outcomes, we've been inspiring confidence in our customers since 1953. We know that whether we're building a hospital or managing the construction of a small retail T.I., behind every project are the highly-skilled people making it happen, which makes investing in hiring, developing and retaining the brightest minds a top priority. We want the opportunity to help you achieve your career goals. Join us as we continue to grow!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL - Layton Construction embraces federal employment guidelines regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action. It is the policy of Layton Construction to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees. Layton Construction is an affirmative action employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in any condition of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training and promotion.