Wunderlich-Malec Engineering (WME) is a 100% ESOP company seeking an experienced and talented Civil Engineer to join our team in Newmarket, NH. In addition to supporting projects throughout New England, these positions will support our clients and firm offices nationwide. Unique career advancement opportunity within an engaging, dynamic, and expanding multi-disciplinary group.
Position responsibilities include supporting diverse projects involving land development and other related Civil Engineering tasks in commercial, industrial, and Federal markets. This position will lead engineering and design responsibilities for multiple projects ranging in construction value from $100k to $80M. Supervision of junior engineers and sub-consultants including surveyors, geotechnical engineers, and environmental engineers.
Work Experience + Licensure
- Minimum four-years of relevant work experience at A-E consulting firm.
- Licensed Professional Civil Engineer and ability to obtain licensure in multiple states nationwide (NCEES credential preferred).
- Ability to obtain security clearance at active U.S. DoD installations nationwide.
Technical + Analytical
- Experience and knowledge of land-development from conceptual planning and permitting through construction. Site design experience including building infrastructure layout, utilities, accessibility, stormwater, lighting, landscaping, and environmental protection.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in current industry design standards (e.g., LID) and interest and ability to identify and lead new technologies and practices.
- Understanding and familiarity with current planning/zoning standards, industry codes, and standards (IBC, ASCE, ASTM, ANSI, etc.). Ability to identify and reference applicable codes and standards and interpretation of such specific to the associated design.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with CAD and BIM software including Autodesk (Civil 3D), HydroCAD and other industry software tools.
- Ability to organize and complete field assignments including site assessments, engineering investigations, and construction documentation.
- Fundamental knowledge and general understanding of all engineering disciplines including Environmental, Architecture, Structural, and MEP.
- Experience with Federal/DoD design standards and guides.
- Advanced technical writing skills and ability to compose professional documents (letters, proposals, reports).
- Public presentation capabilities.
- Consistently maintains a positive and encouraging attitude.
- Promotes a sense of team and comradery.
- Forward-looking and focused on the best resolution.
- Proactively seeks and accepts new challenges.
- Maintains effective communications.
- Organized and prompt.