SUMMARY: As part of the division's portfolio, this role provides Engineering, Furnish and Installation (E, F & I) services to our customers within the Central Office (CO), Data Center (DC), Mobile Telephone Switching Office (MTSO) and Cell Site environments.
The purpose of this position is to support Commissioning, Integration and Maintenance service
deployments for KGPCo customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Loads software, determines initial network parameters and commissions equipment bytesting and validating functionality. Supports customer activation of new circuits by testingconnections to other pieces of equipment and integrating/mapping circuits on the network.
- Performs preventive or reactive maintenance of network equipment. Uses test equipment suchas: STT, MTT, JDSU and Fiber Optic Power meters to perform circuit testing such as, DS-1 / 3's;OC-3 to 192; GIG-E; Fast Ethernet. Performs the Long Haul Integration as needed.
- Sonet, DWDM and ROADM knowledge required. Experience with Cisco, Ciena, Fujitsu, Tellabs preferred.
- Assist Installation in completing related projects when necessary to meet customerexpectations.
- Learn new equipment software and interfaces to help expand business opportunities.
- Acts as a customer contact. Interface with customers and local supervisors to clarify project status
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 6+ years working field knowledge of SONET/DWDM based systems.
- Experience commissioning and Integrating optical transport equipment such as Cisco 15454, Adtran 6100, Lucent DMX, Ciena 4200 & 6500, or Tellabs 7100
- TP76300 Standards Knowledge
- Review Method of Procedure (MOP) with customer prior to start of project.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills; MS Office and database experience a plus.
- Must be adaptable to changing environments.
- Must be willing to travel extensively
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate Degree in an appropriate technology desirable
KGPCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
This Test & Turnup position is specialized in Alarm Telemetry (Power or Transport). Position is posted for Nationwide (US).
TEST & TURNUP TECHNICIAN