Position at Matson Logistics, Inc.
Matson Logistics is a leading provider of multimodal transportation, warehousing, and distribution services throughout North America. Known for our innovative solutions and financial strength and stability, Matson Logistics' people, processes and systems work together to deliver superior performance and value to our customers every day.
This is a client-facing position responsible for performing all phases of Customer Service and Operations for Matson Logistics key account clientele. This position must strictly follow the processes as defined within the client-specific Standard Operating Procedure. Best practices are to be followed for superior service delivery.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain client-specific Standard Operating Procedures.
- Monitor all PO upload errors via the ML back office support team. Ensure customer PO information is available for either upload or input into Log-Net.
- Monitor all origin communication to ensure all booking and carrier nomination correspondence is communicated in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate with customer on all PO/Item and carrier approvals.
- Assist Customer in managing approvals and KPI metrics in Log-Net.
- Train and support customers in the use of Log-Net.
- Customer facing meetings on a regular basis in supporting MLSC ideology of service excellence.
- Review weekly reports to ensure EDI transmissions are being transmitted on time and in full. In the event there are any EDI problems, all issues must be reported to MLSC IT Support for resolution.
- Coordinate with customer Carrier/NVO Ops team to ensure door deliveries are delivered to door-destination on time.
- Communicate directly with various service providers including carriers, brokers, terminals, warehouses, truckers, and 3PL's
- Assist in the coordination of on-carriage moves, CFS activities and other destination side operations.
- Be an interactive team member with USA sales, operations, solutions team, and other teams to ensure proper communication regarding customer issues.
- Manage client-specific KPI Metrics and assist in the development of on-going service enhancements and improvements.
- Communicate directly with customer and address all customer service related issues.
- Communicate directly with origin office/agents concerning all MLSC origin service related issues.
- Define and recommend opportunities to improve any inefficiencies that may be occurring whether in Log-net design or operational processes.
- Seek opportunities within client programs to enhance revenues and increase profitability.
- Compliance with all regulations (US Customs, DOT, FDA, EPA, CTPAT).
- Liaise with accounting department concerning accounting-related issues. Assist in AR collections when required.
Qualifications, Education, & Experience
- Five (5) years industry experience in Supply Chain.
- Five (5) years' experience working for NVOCC (preferably) or steamship line within the Import Customer Service Department.
- In-depth understanding of Supply Chain and NVOCC import and intermodal processes, bills of lading, arrival notices, profit share statements, and US customs problem resolution.
- Working knowledge of internet-based automated track and trace systems and functionality.
- Strong PC system literacy essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Able to consistently follow instructions.
- Proactive problem solving skills.
- Process oriented.
Matson is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, AIDS/HIV status, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including, but not limited to, the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.