Do you like hands-on work? Are you a stickler for details? Do you strive to get it right the first time?
If you want to join a leading and growing designer and manufacturer of high-end optics, filters, and displays for the military and medical markets, and you prefer to work in a clean, temperature-controlled environment for a caring and stable employer, then Dontech has an immediate opportunity for you!
Dontech is an AS9100D / ISO9001:2015 Certified manufacturer specializing in optical coatings and fabrication of optical filters and LCD enhancement services.
Essential Functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Work with a team to inspect components or entire products
- Clean glass parts and perform visual inspection of materials (mostly glass or polycarbonate), parts in process, and finished parts
- Follow work instructions
- Verify specifications by measuring completed components
- Maintain a safe, clean, and orderly work environment
- Successfully train on the bonding process
- Successfully train on the proper handling of glass parts and the inspection of glass parts
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions:
- High School/Technical School or equivalent work experience;
- Mechanically inclined;
- Experience handling and inspecting glass parts preferred;
- Comfortable working in a clean room environment required;
- High attention to detail is critical;
- Ability to read and accurately comprehend work orders and procedures (in English);
- Proper handling of chemicals for cleaning of parts;
- Reliable, on-site attendance;
- Willingness to learn and be cross-trained;
- Ability to be flexible and mutli-task;
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, in English;
- Willing and available to work overtime when requested to meet task deadlines, including working occasional Saturday morning shifts;
- Citizenship requirements in compliance with ITAR (either a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident);
- Minimum 18 years of age.
The Physical Demands:
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Regularly required to communicate, verbally (in person or over the phone) and in writing
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, hold or reach;
- Ability to lift up to 2 pounds frequently from table height to shoulder height;
- Ability to lift up to 12 pounds regularly from table height to shoulder height;
- Ability to lift up to 45 pounds occasionally (may be done with the assistance of another employee);
- Considerable mental and visual effort;
- Color vision correctable to 20/20 (candidates can not be color blind);
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, airborne particles and electrical shock;
- Required to wear appropriate safety equipment as needed, including but not limited to protective eyewear, paper half face masks, and latex/non-latex gloves;
- Regularly working in a clean room environment;
- Seldom working in an area where the noise level is above normal;
- Odor tolerant of cleaning agents (e.g., acetone, rubbing alcohol)
Ideal experience includes prior employment with an organization involved in:
- Optical or display (e.g., LCD) enhancement
- Military and medical electronic display manufacturing
Compensation includes a competitive base hourly pay rate, taking into consideration applicable experience and education. Eligibility for overtime and annual bonus consideration.
Dontech's Benefits Package for Full-Time Regular employees (or Part-Time with regular schedules of 30 or more hours per week) includes:
We encourage you to take and include your score for any applicable assessments for those applying through Indeed.
- Medical including telemedicine and a Health Reimbursement Account option (or Opt Out)
- Allstate Hospital/Accident/Critical Illness options
- Profit Sharing
- Flexible spending accounts for health care or dependent care savings
- Short-term Disability
- Long-term Disability option
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off (prorated if part-time)
- Training Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays (prorated if part-time)
Dontech Inc. is located in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, north of Philadelphia in Central Bucks County.
700 Airport Blvd.
Doylestown, PA 18902
Apply through this site or by mail to above listed address.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Dontech Inc, please call 215-348-5010 or email HR@dontech.com
Dontech is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment posting. Please, no phone calls or e-mails from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any Dontech employee via e-mail, the internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dontech Inc. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Dontech Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer – Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.