Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. United by our core values and our purpose of helping people thrive in the brave pursuit of next, our 20,000+ people in 53 offices around the world combine experience across technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession to accelerate our clients' businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value.
Publicis Sapient is looking for a Data Curator to join our team of bright thinkers and doers. You will support biomedical data commons by performing a variety of data management and curation tasks helping to ensure a high level of data integrity. This work spans across disease, domains, and data types. You will team with top-notch technologists to enable real business outcomes for our clients by translating their needs into transformative solutions that provide valuable insight. Working with the latest data technologies in the industry, you will be instrumental in helping clients evolve for a more digital future.
* Provide support for the ingress and distribution of highly-dimensional biomedical data sets
* Review complex, scientific submissions to the database for quality and relevancy; abstract information in the required formats. Review, research and resolve quality control reports findings.
* Contribute to the preparation of reports and publications regarding research progress by researching data/statistics and investigating errors or changes of data are accurate
* Document new data formats in coordination with curation lead
* Streamline and implement new processes for data curation using scripting and statistical programming.
* Coordinate with programming staff to develop and continuously improve quality reporting to assist with the identification and resolution of issues.
* Provide support and guidance to scientific stakeholders and technical partners.
Your Skills & Experience:
* Demonstrated experience and/or training in data curation or data cataloguing
* Skill in curating data, analyzing data, integrating terminologies for biomedical ontology development.
* Ability to understand scientific literature, experimental procedures and their limitations, and current needs of the research community.
* Knowledge of standard classifications and vocabularies
* Demonstrated experience with data mining, biomedical databases and data integration.
* SQL query expertise
* Ability to understand scientific literature, experimental procedures, disease etiology and nomenclature, their limitations and current needs of the research community.
* Knowledge of database/curation systems, including biomedical ontologies, and the ability to critically evaluate and use new systems is required.
Set Yourself Apart With:
* Excellent written and verbal communication, comfortable working independently and as part of a collaborative team, and excellent critical thinking, analytical skills, and judgment
* Demonstrable ability to work among a large multidisciplinary team
* Exposure to AGILE methodology and principles
* Experience working in a dynamic fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
* Strong desire to support public scientific databases
* Are passionate about open science and collaboration
As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Sapient is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at or you may call us at +1-617-621-0200.