Veterinary Tech Opportunity! Full-time; 40 hours per week
Under direction of the Animal Care Director, will follow established policies and procedures. Monitors and participates in the daily care of laboratory animals. Sign on Bonus available.
1. Follows policies and procedures for fulfilling animals' nutritional, health, and environmental requirements as directed.
2. Performs assigned technical duties such as husbandry, administration of medications, injections, fecal and tissue collections, phlebotomies, euthanasia. Provides veterinary assistance to investigators during pre, intra and post surgery as needed.
3. Assists in the training of investigators and staff in the proper handling of animals, aseptic surgical techniques, injection, anesthesia and breeding.
4. Maintains medical records of animals as required by Federal and State Laws.
5. Maintains operating room facilities, equipment and supplies.
6. Assures proper care and use of surgical equipment and supplies.
7. Participates in weekend/holiday assignments for caring, feeding, and observing animals as needed.
8. Enhances professional growth and development through educational programs, seminars, and in-house discussions.
9. Performs other related functions as directed.
10. Adheres to all MEEI policies and procedures, including confidentiality of patient and employee information, and attends annual in-service education.
Massachusetts Eye and Ear is an international center for treatment and home to the world's largest vision and hearing research centers. Mass. Eye and Ear is a member of Mass General Brigham and a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School.
Mass. Eye and Ear clinicians are driven by a mission to find cures for blindness, deafness and diseases of the head and neck. Internationally acclaimed since its founding in 1824, Mass. Eye and Ear employs full-time, board-certified physicians who offer high quality and affordable specialty care that ranges from the routine to the very complex. Learn more about our Mission, Vision and Values and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion on our site.
Providing a safe environment for everyone is the core tenet of our Safe Care Commitment. Across Mass General Brigham, employees are doing their part to ensure that the hospitals, clinics, practices and office spaces across our system are safe and ready.
Mass. Eye and Ear physicians are located at our main campus in Boston, and at our suburban locations in the greater Boston and Providence areas, across 21 locations.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent;
AALAS Certification at the LAT Level or higher preferred.
0-2 years of experience.EEO Statement Massachusetts Eye and Ear is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment or discrimination. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, sex, pregnancy or conditions related to pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs.