We are seeking a Technical Quality Assurance Inspector with a high school diploma or GED equivalent and at least 2 years of relevant experience. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to inspect aircraft systems, production components, and support fulfilling all contractual and quality requirements, and support the design and creation of the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow. What to look forward to: As a Technical Quality Assurance Inspector, you will be using your skills and expertise to verify our aircraft installed systems, logistics operations, production components, and support functions fulfilling all contractual and quality requirements. You'll be responsible to visually inspecting operational components for serviceability and proper installation, validating Field Service Technician's work, developing and reviewing operational procedures, and function as the on-site Aviation Safety Official. You'll build and maintain effective relationships with our customers and provide them with appropriate feedback and training.
At SNC's ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and at least 2 years of relevant experience
- A higher level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Ability to understand and interpret technical schematics and documents
- Basic understanding of electrical wiring concepts
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Products
- Current/ valid passport and be able to obtain a visa to travel internationally
- Ability to meet current DoD and Combatant Command pandemic restriction requirements for deployed locations
- Ability to deploy for a minimum of 90 days to various OCONUS operating locations.
- Must be willing and able to work extended hours, holidays and shift schedules as required
- An active Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required
- Knowledge and ability to interpret geometric dimensioning and tolerance
- Experience drafting work instructions and SOP's
- Experience with Network+, Security+, CCNA and/or A+
- Experience with FCC or FCC GROL
- Basic understanding of Spectrometer, Oscilloscope and/or other measuring equipment
- Working knowledge of ISO 9000 and AS 9100 standards
This position requires current/active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America's fastest-growing companies. .
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and .Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.