CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER.It's our heritage and it's also our future. Because we don't just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard-when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Games Global Brand Marketing team serves to both manage and grow our extensive portfolio of Games IP including UNO, Pictionary, Scrabble and many others while also bringing to market new IP and new Games based on partnerships and collaborations. We do that by developing new product extensions and collaborations on our existing brands and by introducing relevant features, updates or promotions to our existing games. Similarly, we work with our design team in developing new Games IP from scratch. We develop global marketing campaigns for our brands, all while factoring in the business management of managing the global P&L and ensuring our products meet our financial objectives. Marketing serves as the connective tissue between our other cross functional design and development partners, finance, our commercial teams and many others.
The Manager of Global Brand Marketing, Games Portfolio will lead in the development, implementation, and management of strategic and tactical toy marketing programs, focusing on global brand strategy, line architecture and product development, and content opportunities on the Games portfolio in order to achieve financial growth and profit targets. This role will focus on developing strategies to execute new and higher complexity projects, opportunities and revenue streams which can include things like digital ecosystems, direct to consumer and speed to market. They will work closely with the other marketing teams to ensure alignment of these strategies and work closely with internal and external experts in the various spaces we are looking to enter or accelerate into.
What Your Impact Will Be:
* Plan, direct, and coordinate marketing policies and programs.
* Develop strategic plans to execute new higher complexity revenue streams and models
* Manage day-to-day line development for brands/brand segments with the cross-functional team (including customized and international products) to achieve goals and manage to key milestones while meeting margin and line rationalization targets.
* Manage brands to financial targets and brand budgets.
* Develop brand and segment strategies for the global BDO through market analysis and stakeholder input.
* Collaborate with key subsidiaries to incorporate global market needs and feedback through consistent two-way communication to ensure effective flow of information.
* Execute global brand-building activities and develop global marketing tools, including brand and product advertising, and development of content with internal and external groups. Communicate franchise/brand and marketing strategies with stakeholders and the cross-functional team.
* Develop and manage brand forecasts.
* Build cross-functional relationships.
* Manage and develop marketing talent.
* Ensure consistency across the franchise/brand.
What We're Looking For:
* 6+ years (4 years with MBA) experience in brand or product marketing
* Prior experience managing & working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary cross-functional teams
* Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Must be comfortable and confident presenting to both a large audience and a senior level audience.
* Demonstrated strategic thinking & analytical skills
* Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
* A positive attitude! Someone who sees a challenge as an opportunity.
* Excellent relationship building skills, particularly with individuals in a client type role
* Passion for developing junior level talent in the organization
* Entrepreneurial mindset & self-starter
What It's Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children's and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us atand.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.